460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What flexplate did you use with that converter I bought from you at the Bash last year? Wasn't it the PA one you gave me?

I want to make sure I don't get in a bind with converter clearance.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
John,

Yup, the flexplate and converter were used with a PA C-4 to our 572. The flexplate is brand new and never bolted to the converter. It was a replacement for a PA flexplate that cracked; but it was a PA flexplate and that converter used with a PA C-4.

In our C-4 setup, we used 1/4" spacers between the converter and flexplate to align the starter and the converter into crank pilot.

Yours may be a little different?

Bruce

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes that was the one. We didn't use it because we went with a JW wheel. PA had sent that wheel to replace the one that come apart on us. Getting close to bolting that car up or what??

Keith

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I'm either going to grind that weight off the plate you gave me or buy another one. I just want to avoid any converter engagement problems as soon as I can.

I just got home from a long project (4 months away) for work so now I should have some time in the evenings to wrench on it. I've got a long way to go, but I'm going to give it a max effort to try and make it in June. If I don't bring a car it won't be for a lack of trying!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts