460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Including some pics of my 77 Mstang II. Car has a spoiler and chute that have been removed. I have a choice of free paint.

White
Yellow
Gunbarrel Grey
Black

What would you do? I think I am going with black with a big Ford sticker on each side of the hood scoop.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
none of them.

Moody blues... why not BLUE? metal flake blue that is.

< partial to blue lol

also I have not a single FORD emblem on my car not even a Mustang other than the air brushed running horse on the grille, yet NO ONE ever mistakes what it is and that it is a FORD. Mustangs are universal.

I do have a big blue Oval on my trailer though ;)

leave the sticker off. paint it dark blue, air brush a OEM grille on the front. air brush the chrome..... go racing they will know what it is trust me.

get some paint chips from these guys

http://www.innate.com/Paint/Chrome/HyperBlack.htm

·
Registered
282 Posts
If its gonna be black....make sure that car is straight as a pin. Dark colors will show everything. If the bodywork is so so...white or a light color is your best bet. You can shoot a 1000 dollars worth of paint over shitty body work and its still gonna look like ****....hope this helps....i love the stance of that ride should turn out pretty sweet :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
from the choices you gave gunmetal grey#1 then black#2.if i had a clean sheet of paper like you and i could afford it i would paint the car rasberry with a black hood.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
this would look great: base coat of silver or white , some gun metal grey ghost flames you can barely see maybe use some tri color metal flake in the ghost flames then a clear coat of candy blue. :)

then b4 you clear coat it have a good air brush artist paint the grille and horse and headlights on. dont forget to have him put the "lights on" and the horse reflection on the bumper to make it look like an optical illusion.

From a distance the car would appear "stock" you couldnt see the flames but as you walk past it they would appear and disappear/ purple would also be a great color for the flames.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Honestly, that car will look sharp no matter what color you paint it. But if I had to choose one I would definitely go with black and leave the stickers out. (love the car)
Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts