460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been tryin to sell one of my projects as a whole for about 3 months now and having no such luck. I am thinking about parting it out. I only want 1500 for the whole truck, it has 460 4 speed. dana 60 rear with a locker. body is in great shape, except for the passenger rear fender. actually aside from the little amount of rust the truck looks awesome. Only mechanical flaw is the flywheel teeth are bad and the interior is rough. If i were buying a project i would think this is a good deal for the whole truck, but maybe i'm wrong?? Any suggestions to help out a broke college student???

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Sounds like a good price.

Maybe putting a flywheel in it and dressing up the interior a bit might expand your market and get you much more than the cost of the upgrade/repairs.

Bill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a good price.

Maybe putting a flywheel in it and dressing up the interior a bit might expand your market and get you much more than the cost of the upgrade/repairs.

Bill

See thats the thing, i don't have time to mess with it anymore otherwise i'd be building it. But school 5 days a week is a killer lol Just hope when i get out of school it will be worth the cost of goin

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
See thats the thing, i don't have time to mess with it anymore otherwise i'd be building it. But school 5 days a week is a killer lol Just hope when i get out of school it will be worth the cost of goin

DON'T sell it. Park it behind your parent's garage till you graduate. I drink 1500 bucks worth of beer every month. Don't lose a truck for chump change. :rolleyes: Trust me..........

·
Registered
440 Posts
Has that been on Nashville Craigslist? I think I recognize it. I've been looking at trucks on CL for a while. Wish I were closer. I want to get rid of my 97 Nissan and get a real truck. Good price on it, I think, and just what I would want.

If you part it out, it will be essentially picked over for almost a year, about $20 to $50 at a time. If you need the money, not the best way to go.

Economy is tough, but you've got to be tougher. Hang in there.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
DON'T sell it. Park it behind your parent's garage till you graduate. I drink 1500 bucks worth of beer every month. Don't lose a truck for chump change. :rolleyes: Trust me..........
Good advice Jeff.

Bill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has that been on Nashville Craigslist? I think I recognize it. I've been looking at trucks on CL for a while. Wish I were closer. I want to get rid of my 97 Nissan and get a real truck. Good price on it, I think, and just what I would want.

If you part it out, it will be essentially picked over for almost a year, about $20 to $50 at a time. If you need the money, not the best way to go.

Economy is tough, but you've got to be tougher. Hang in there.
Yup I think i posted it on the Nashville one, but it has probally expired by now.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looks like a lot of truck for the money and a good buy but as someone suggested fixing the flywheel would prob help sell it more then anything else. If you go the route of parting it out you would have much more headache and time involved as well. As mentioned the project and fixer up stuff has been slow here lately and especially on CL from what I have seen with my own stuff . I haven't sold many projects lately but find I am doing a lot of trading and keep trying to trade up each time without any expense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts