460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The machines are making 'em and I will have for sale, Ford DEDICATED rocker arms made in America by HarlandSharp which are adjustable for pedestal mount heads available in about 4 or 5 days.
1.73/1 ratio or 1.80/1 ratio.

$420.00 for forum members per set of 16; anyone else, $455.00 racer net.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Randy,
I am certainly just "one of the little guys", but I would like to thank you for the time and effort in bringing this setup to the masses. I believe, just the fact that you are endorsing this product, says something about its quality. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK ... I got the first three sets this morning, (2 sets 1.73/1 and 1 set 1.8/1).
I'll borrow a digital camera and take some photos if I can get one of you to post 'em on this thread for me.
Everytime I've tried on here, my computor locks; I think it doesn't have enough power or memory or something so I have to e-mail 'em.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a digital camera this morning and should have pictures very soon.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
They look a lot like the Scorpion pedestal mount rockers, except with the adjustable pushrod cup. I think I'll opt for the Scorpion ones since I need new pushrods anyway, but if I already had good pushrods or was going to change cams often I'd save my $$$ for these.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any SOLID lifter flat tappet/roller cam needs an adjustable valve train; it is obvious by your post that you are running some kind of hydraulic.
Good Luck ... !

I guess you can tell which picture the flash worked, LOL.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Ahhh, that's true. Stupid me... I overlooked that. Any confirmed safe limits for spring pressures with the 5/16" bolts?

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
525 lbs. open load with the standard 130,000 psi. yield strength and 160,000 psi tensile strength bolt.

HarlandSharp and I am seeking a source of 8740 alloy 180,000 psi tensile bolt and it will be available as an option; expensive though, (like around $5.00 per bolt).

Being that the bolt is torqued into tension, that's the only important specification; (unless it is torqued wrong).

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just had a guy buy a set for his '89 fuel injected truck engine ... that's an application I never even thought about...!

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Jeff,
I got your check in today's mail so, the rocker set will ship out of here on Monday morning.
Randy

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jeff, your rocker set was shipped on Monday so, you should be getting them about now.
THANKS for your patronage...!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Got 'em ..

Thanks Randy, I got 'em today as I was leaving for work. I looked at them on the way out the door, but that's about it. I'll get back with you about a cam if you think it will help. :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it's happened ... these QUALITY rocker arms have gone up in price to $429.00 per set for forum members and $468.00 racer net; ($514.00 list).

At least they save all the machining costs of converting to studs... on top of the cost of studs, guideplates and regular aluminum roller rocker arms.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I have not

I have not forgotten about that cam we talked about , Randy. Working shift work like I do makes the months and years melt away as you witness yourself drifting into old age. Does anybody else feel like this?

My car may be slow, but I'm debt free. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts