460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo, I finally took the bite and started getting a set of SCJ heads, have to get em 1 at a time $$$ allowing, and I have an issue. I have a Performer RPM intake manifold that I want to port match to the heads..... There's the problem.....
White Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Eyewear Audio equipment Automotive exterior Automotive design Auto part

White Light Eyewear Personal protective equipment Rim

Bicycle part Rim Auto part Electric blue Metal

The gasket I'm using in the pic is a 1231 Felpro, it's the one recommended for a SCJ head, and I've matched it up with the head, but I'm not sure about removing that much material on the intake. The scribe lines on the intake are from a 1230 gasket. I was gnna use that before I made the decision to get the SCJ heads... If it's relevant the cam I'm planning on will be in the .560 to .580 lift range. Any other information needed or pics needed just ask. I'm not going forward with any mods to the intake till I get a consensus from the forum. Thanks for your time and consideration..

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's me, I don't know enough aboot it to be able to tell if it would be worth it? Doing it 1/2 way? If the upper side really needs it? That's why I presented it here..

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Stock bore and stroke, 276-284 lift split is what I was looking at, ( Lunati 10340704LK), around 500-550 hsprs, and street-strip use in a 90 LX Mustang, using a 97 460 short block as the basis for my build, (will be going thru it and specing it out as best as I possibly can I realize imma have to flycut the pistons) good kind sir.. any and all suggestions are appreciated!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a bunch!!! You've given me the guidance I was looking for!! Hats off to ya sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts