460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make the Big Ford Bash come together and turn out great. We ALL had a great time racing, hanging out, chatting, eating and learning a thing or two from some of the top minds in the big Ford world.

Charlie giving us the rundown on the history and pecking order of the production heads.

Jon Kaase showing us how the SCJ/P51 design came about and how it works to better utilize the existing port area to make more power than other designs.

Wes Littrell accepting a BIG check from Eric at Diamond pistons all for winning the Pro class drag racing. Generous prizes were awarded from all of the sponsors of the event and their participation is really appreciated.

This photo shows Lem Evans struggling to pay attention during Charlie's segment of the cylinder head seminar. Could it be that he's heard this whole story before, maybe once or twice?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a photo of the tandem trailer setup that hauled two Ford pickups to the Big Ford Bash as requested by Adney Brown.

R

·
0 Posts
Yeah i dont think that would fly in Oklahoma........ :shock: :shock: :shock:

T

·
0 Posts
I'm just glad I didn't have to back that rig up!!! :lol: I'm bad enough with one trailer behind me!!! :D

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Sweet looking tandem setup. I think it'd be legal almost anywhere unless it exceeds the legal max lebgth. I have a friend that hauled a travel trailer and a boat..

I'm going to show that one to my Dad. He hauls 2 trailers every night for work, but they don't look like that!!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually we tested the setup the week before when we went to Gateway for Shannon's truck's maiden voyage down the track. It took a little fiddling to get it just right, moving the trucks back and forth a foot or so made all the difference. It's funny how the back trailer just follows right in the tracks of the front one almost as if it was on rails. Works good and having brakes on the trailers is a must.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
We do that all the time here. Except the first trailer is a 48 ft Gooseneck hauling 2 6500 lb pulling trucks. REDNECKS Forever!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Isn't that Wes Littrell's truck? Look behind him in the picture where he is receiving the check from Eric from Diamond.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the black truck is Wes Littrell's truck and the red one belongs to his cousin Shannon. Shannon's truck had only made one pass down the track before the bash weekend where it ran a 6.68 at 100mph.

·
Registered
13 Posts
DIDJA LIKE THAT? PRETTY FUNNY. I REALIZED IT AFTER WE SHOWED UP THAT THOSE WERE STILL ON THE TRAILER. TO EVERYONE'S CREDIT NOBODY GAVE ME A HARD TIME OVER THEM :lol: . YOU'LL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT LAST NIGHT I CHANGED THOSE CHEVY ONES OUT FOR THE STOCK DOG DISHES THAT CAME ON THE UNIBODY. HOW'S THAT FOR RECYCLING!

·
Registered
545 Posts
That's over length in Texas - the DPS would have your azz for sure. 65's max. With our F150 Supercrew, a 16' trailer with a 2 wheel dolly and a car is 64'.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big Santa

Here's another picture taken on our way to the Bash. We stopped at some crappy truckstop/bar on the way and in the parking lot they had a giant Santa Clause. Here's Shannon trying to get a look at what he might get for Christmas next year. Shannon did you see a big "package"?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
460BIRD said:
DIDJA LIKE THAT? PRETTY FUNNY. I REALIZED IT AFTER WE SHOWED UP THAT THOSE WERE STILL ON THE TRAILER. TO EVERYONE'S CREDIT NOBODY GAVE ME A HARD TIME OVER THEM :lol: . YOU'LL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT LAST NIGHT I CHANGED THOSE CHEVY ONES OUT FOR THE STOCK DOG DISHES THAT CAME ON THE UNIBODY. HOW'S THAT FOR RECYCLING!
Shannon, how 'bout some specs on your truck. We all know about Wes' truck, but I don't have much info on yours. Have you weighed it yet?

I've been eyeballing a rust-free 62 unibody that a buddy of mine in Austin wants to sell me... Seeing your truck probably sealed the deal for me. Now if I can just convince the wife. :lol: It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission though right? :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
WELL, BASICALLY THE TRUCK HAS BEEN BACKHALFED, STILL STOCK FRONT SUSPENSION LIKE WES' TRUCK WHICH OF COURSE INCLUDES THE SOLID FRONT AXLE, STILL HAS ALL THE STOCK GLASS AND FLOOR PAN. WE HAVEN'T WEIGHED IT YET BUT WES THINKS IT WEIGHS SOMEWHERE AROUND 32-3300 WITHOUT ME IN IT. JUST A GUESS THOUGH. I WOULD LIKE TO GET THE WEIGHT DOWN A LITTLE MORE BUT ALL IN ALL A 6.68 ISN'T BAD. ENGINE IS A 460 STOCK STROKE 11.8:1 DOVE HEADS THAT WES AND I PORTED, LOWER END CAME FROM DAVE M'S E. M. COMPETITION BACK IN 03. CAM I BELIEVE IS THE SAME SPECS AS THE 514 STREET ENGINE THAT FORD SELLS. DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT. ABOUT 640 LIFT OR SO. VICTOR 460 INTAKE WITH THE SAME RON'S TOILET SETUP AS WES' ENGINE. DAVE'S DYNO (WHICH IS PRETTY CONSERVATIVE) SAID IT MADE ABOUT 580 HP AND ROUGHLY 580 FT LBS TORQUE. IT'S POWER AND TORQUE PEAK IS PRETTY LOW, RIGHT AROUND 4500 RPM AND IS DONE AROUND 6200. SO IT SHOULD LIVE FOREVER, HOPEFULLY. IF I WAS YOU I WOULD SNATCH UP ANY OF THOSE TRUCKS YOU FIND. THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY OF THOSE MADE AND MOST HAVE PROBABLY BEEN CRUSHED OR ARE SO RUSTED OUT THAT THERE IS NOTHING LEFT. JUST DON'T SAY ANYTHING AND WHEN IT SHOWS UP AT THE DOOR PLAY STUPID. IT TRULY IS EASIER TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS THAN TO ASK PERMISSION. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Both trucks ran great !!! Wes bumped me in the first round....... Ugh !!! I'm coming for him next year !! I'm still crying about a 6.608 run on a 6.60 dial and loosing with a .505 light....... :shock:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts