460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Smokin''''

SMOKIN RIDE !!!! I already told you about how I had one JUST like that in high school. Well, not JUST like that. :lol: :lol: I don't think my 390 woulda hung with monster. :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,

I remember you talking about your old '69. You should post some pics. of your '66 4-speed car, love to see it regardless of it's transitional state.

Rick S.

·
Registered
183 Posts
cool ride you have there,,reminds me of my first car,1970 galaxie 500.. 351w4v. only thing i have left of it is the motor,and it has out lasted 3 other cars so far..LOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow... awesome to see that in a Galaxie!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phil,

I had a one-off stock fiberglass hood made that took 68 lbs. off the nose (including the hinges). I will be running a 7" aero scoop. I was trying to retain the 'Ford look' and use the taller boss9 scoop but still not enough room for the front carb.

Rick S.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice job, that is going to awesome when you're done!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Rick, that is going to be awesome when you finish it. Man it would be the sleeper from hell if you could get those carbs under a flat or cowl hood. I think you are going to hurt some peoples feelings when you get that beast together!!! :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris,

I hope to be in the 9's N/A. The hood on your 'stang is very trick and I see where you are coming from. I had a one-off stock hood made into fiberglass for $524, couldn't pass it up. The front Dom. is 5-1/2" above the hood and I can't find a cowl scoop that will work unless I mock it up $$$. It looks like I am going to use a 7" aero scoop and call it good...although I always have the mold to make another $300 hood :shock: :lol:

Rick S.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Frank,

Thanks for the kind words. It'll get it here, let me know if the first week in Mar. or Apr. still works...keep me posted and no more 'dynoing' the C-6 :lol:

How much of that 'canadian sausage' is left over? Maybe you could stuff some in the oil pan. :lol:

Talk real soon, Rick S.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rick,

Who made your glass hood? I'd like to have one made for my T-Bird before I have it painted. Lovin' the two dommy's on the tunnel ram....
Nice job!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hotrodbird,

The outfit is Shaw's Fiberglass out of Oregon 503-658-7429. I strapped my stock hood to my auto transporter underneath an SUV :shock: and dropped it off on my way down to Ca...no shipping :D That may be the killer for you is the shipping. These guys were the only fiberglass outfit willing to do a one-off hood and you keep the mold, so next time around the hood is only $200 :D I don't blame the other shops for not wanting to do a one-off hood, lots of time involved.

Rick S.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks,

I hear you, anybody I've contacted on either coast wouldn't touch it, so I appriciate the telephone # I'll give them a call just for the :shock: I'll get when they say how much to do the mold and ship. I mght be able to find somebody with a hood out that way to atleast get the mold made...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts