460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been thinking of building a flow bench for some time already, but never got around to it. And at the beginning of the year when I had my D3VE head flowed, the one I had done some practice ports on, I found out that there aren't too many flowbenches around here. And the guy's that have one are always busy, so then I decided to build my own, to do my own flow testing and maybe start doing it as a side job.

I did some research and came across the Tractorsport forum, and it seemed that Bruce's plans were the easiest way to build a simple and accurate flow bench. So I bought the plans, a digital manometer and the orifice plates from Bruce, and I found some vacuum motors at www.centralvacuummotor.com for a good price. The bench was built out of MDF sheets and painted.

I have 8 motors in it just like the SF-600, but my motors don't move quite as much air as the superflow's do, so my bench isn't going to flow quite as much as the Sf-600 but more than a SF-110.

The digital manometer has 3 sensors in it, the two that are needed for flow testing and the additional one can be used for a velocity probe. All I need to do is hook up the lines to the box and hook it up to my laptop and install the program and it' ready to go.

This is the Digital Manometer

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Wow, that looks great! You do some good wood workin for a gear head!!

If there isn't many around you it could add some $$$ to the car fund!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Very impressive, Tomas. Have you used it yet? Looks awesome!:cool::cool:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Tomas,

You are a smart & talented young man. I'm proud of your efforts, keep up the good work.:)

Hey guys, Rick, Suze, and I,,,, had the pleasure of eating dinner with Tomas, Friday night at the Texas Roadhouse at the Winter Tech Seminar. I appreciate him coming down from Canada for the seminar.

Uncle Charlie

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guy's for all the kind words.

Wow, that looks great! You do some good wood workin for a gear head!!
Bill
I'm not really a carpenter, but I had a friend from work that does quite a bit of woodworking help me with the cutting out the holes. And with the assembly I had to redo a few things because I wanted it to be done right and it took me quite a while to build it.

Very impressive, Tomas. Have you used it yet? Looks awesome!:cool::cool:
I have not used it yet, I just finished it yesterday. Now I have to make my self a cylinder head adapter and the valve opening fixture yet, I have all the materials for that I just need to build them, and then I'm ready to flow heads.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Looks awesome Tomas.:)

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Dang looks just as good as any SF-600 nice work Tomas ;) Be sure to let us know how it does.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Tomas, thats AWESOME man. Great job. After you get it up and running, maybe Uncle Charlie can show ya some good tips:D.
Guy's like Charlie said. Tomas,is a very nice young man and it was a pleasure meeting him and having dinner w/him and Charlie at the Seminar.
Keep up the good work Tomas.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
What it needs are some big ProComp stickers on it! That would impress people!;):D Very nice work Tomas.
Gary

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Nice job!!! Want to build me one?

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Nah,,,,,he needs some nice Trick Flow Specialities decals on it.:)
Charlie , You gonna meet me and Dave Saturday morning ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pretty nice for a home built!!
Congrats!!!

Homer

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice job!!! Want to build me one?
If I just had the time I wouldn't mind building another one, I have worked on this one since about early February, and once I get my cylinder head adapter and the valve opening fixture build I'm going to start porting my heads and after that assemble the engine. So I have enough work for the next few months here.

Once I do some flow testing I'm sure to let you guy's now how it works.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts