460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if links like this will work, but I will give it a shot.
The old '58 had a decent outing at the Orlando Div 2 points race this last weekend. I lost in round 3. At least I didn't go out "ugly"...had a .005 light, same as my opponent, but just did not get to the stripe.
The 605 was flawless all weekend. I could have left the hood on.
Lets see if the link works...

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCPhoto.asp?ID=176773

Keith

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Gator...

nice keith --are you going to be in gainesville
Bruno,
Since they are not running Super Gas in Gainesville, I will stay home and get ready for the next points race in Adel and the Southern Nationals.
I guess I am not a very good spectator.....
Thanks!
Keith

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
36 years of insanity

Thanks for all of the nice comments.
2009 makes the 36th year that I have been racing the '58. I got it back in '73.
We have quite a history of street racing (way back when..) and drag racing all over Division 3 and since 2000 in Division 2. I always ran FE engines until I became a 460 freak in about 1993.
My daughter grew up with the car, and now my grand daughters get to enjoy the same racing culture. I have been taking various " Money Winner" stickers to them from different tracks. They have them pasted on their refrigerator.....
I keep getting tempted to cut it up and make a tube chassied ride, but it is sure nice to have the same floor, dash and roll-up-and-down windows that I have known for so long.
I would like to make it to the Bash, but it looks like a dance recital for the grandbabies will take over that weekend.
Thanks again....
Keith

·
Registered
51 Posts
Keith,
I certainly don't expect you to remember, but I met you at the Car Craft nats held at
Indy way back in 1980! Well I met your car anyway, powered at the time by a 428?
The other part was while walking around the fairgrounds came across John Vermeersch and his 427 SOHC '61 and while talking with him your car came up and he asked where you were parked, tried to explain where you were and he said "ta hell with it, be easier to show me. Get in lets go for a drive". So thanks to you I got to see a cool `58 and a ride, albeit short, in another cool car.
So a 29 year late thank you.
Michael.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for all of the nice comments.
2009 makes the 36th year that I have been racing the '58. I got it back in '73.
We have quite a history of street racing (way back when..) and drag racing all over Division 3 and since 2000 in Division 2. I always ran FE engines until I became a 460 freak in about 1993.
My daughter grew up with the car, and now my grand daughters get to enjoy the same racing culture. I have been taking various " Money Winner" stickers to them from different tracks. They have them pasted on their refrigerator.....
I keep getting tempted to cut it up and make a tube chassied ride, but it is sure nice to have the same floor, dash and roll-up-and-down windows that I have known for so long.
I would like to make it to the Bash, but it looks like a dance recital for the grandbabies will take over that weekend.
Thanks again....
Keith
Great car, good to resist temptation with such history - seems better to make a 'glass replica for the tube frame, if possible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts