460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
466bbfox said:
gj, its nice to meet a fellow big block fox :) Were those hooker headers a PITA for you too? O and does your motor "lean" a little to one side?
yes and yes. i had it all in a fox thunderbird and had no clearance/alighment issues :shock:

the biggest issue was the canton pan and the stock k-member :wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
i used the FRPP swap oil pan, its close but it barely clears the k-member. Finally started her up for the first time since Oct., she ran on 4 cylinders for about 10 seconds but cleared up and MAN does that new exhaust sound good (H pipe into 40 series flows dumped). I can't wait to get my darn plates and go cruisin.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
466bbfox said:
i used the FRPP swap oil pan, its close but it barely clears the k-member. Finally started her up for the first time since Oct., she ran on 4 cylinders for about 10 seconds but cleared up and MAN does that new exhaust sound good (H pipe into 40 series flows dumped). I can't wait to get my darn plates and go cruisin.
yeah i wanted the best pan i could buy and everything pointed me to the canton pan wich i guess is a little overkill for mine :wink: I almost wish id used the motorsport pan.

i have about 12-16" of 3" pipe and 40 series its pretty loud :lol:

your setup looks nice. I m going to doll mine up some as i go.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I see I am not the only BB fox that has the engine slightly leaning to one side. I thought I did something wrong , maybe not :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bigblock79 said:
I see I am not the only BB fox that has the engine slightly leaning to one side. I thought I did something wrong , maybe not :D

sometimes you can play with the mounts and get it alot better if it is pretty bad off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i tried to straighten it out for two days, trying everythig, i couldn't get it striaght. I guess its just the way the mounts are made. Motor plates make it fit a little better in there, but i didn't feel like going that route.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts