460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are they getting away with not following NHRA rules at these races. I think that when you sign up for the race it states that you must pass NHRA tech.

Last night they said that they were taking a 32 car field that ran between 9.6 and 9.8.

I don't think any of the drivers had gloves, neck braces, or pants and I don't remember seeing any full cages.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
How are they getting away with not following NHRA rules at these races. I think that when you sign up for the race it states that you must pass NHRA tech.

Last night they said that they were taking a 32 car field that ran between 9.6 and 9.8.

I don't think any of the drivers had gloves, neck braces, or pants and I don't remember seeing any full cages.
I guess it's because the NHRA doesn't sanction "Pinks" events (Thank God.:rolleyes:.....But I'm sure they'll get around to it. It could be the only way they'll get regular TV coverage.:D)

Obviously, the bald guy in the small T-shirt can do whatever pops into his pointed head.:confused:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Oh yeah, safety doesn't have any place on Pinks, crashes are good for ratings, right???

Look at the one where Baldy high-sided his bike, I watched THAT one a few times!!

I just hope none of the racers get hurt or worse for Rich's ratings.

Bill

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Damon ,I went through tech at at St.Louis in the Tbird and all they checked were my belts..no liscence .no chassis cert .never even took the hood off....It's a Freakin Joke!!:D

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Damon ,I went through tech at at St.Louis in the Tbird and all they checked were my belts..no liscence .no chassis cert .never even took the hood off....It's a Freakin Joke!!:D
Dan,

From what I witnessed, it depended on who you got. The big guy teched me and was rather thorough. He was also at the booth on one of the runs checking to see if some were going too fast, like our friend in the old Comet...

I'm outa here, see you tomorrow?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
379 Posts
i remember on of one show's during a rain delay.they inspected 2 cars that were in the field and one of them didnt have a licenes,they threw him out.i think rich will do what ever will sale a show even if he turns his head.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How about the MONSTEROUS WHEELSTANDS that Mustang was pulling off...even coming back up after the 1/8 mile mark and still staying in it........like the man said,thats worth the price of admission, gives me something to shoot for at FORDS AT THE SUMMIT next week...lol...then there was the a-hole with the "Chevy stang" boy that's creative. I'm glad that car got knocked out!!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yea that fox was pullin some crazy wheelstands but seriously I was about to shoot that guy that was down there talkin....I ve never seen him before but he must be mentally challenged or something...There was a car (lookd to run around 10 flat or so) and he pulled up to do his burnout and the tranny just let go through the floorboards and all, and then that idiot walks over and says..."Well, he should have gone to napa", HA LMFAO....and then that pos chevystang or wtf it was called beat a pinto or something and then when the mustang gets back he runs over and says something like, "I bet all the ford guys are just cryin there hearts out right now"......no comment :roll:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've done an Arm Drop event and they put us through an NHRA tech inspection.

I guess it's because the NHRA doesn't sanction "Pinks" events (Thank God.:rolleyes:.....But I'm sure they'll get around to it. It could be the only way they'll get regular TV coverage.:D)

Obviously, the bald guy in the small T-shirt can do whatever pops into his pointed head.:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts