460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guys who have run in the previous shows how is the tech inspection. I know they state NHRA rules but do they really enforce them?
Just trying to plan ahead.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Just go by the book for the et and dont sweat it, they dont tech the cars to be a pain, it is for your as your opponents own good.

The even I went to they were checking the mastercut off, they would have you start the car and then flip the switch, if it stayed running you didnt pass. I saw a lot of cars that had no business being there as well.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
We went to PAO in Shreveport this year. Like every other race we have been to, the Tech Inspection process was a complete joke.

If your car could pe pushed through the tech lane (or better yet run and drive through) it passed tech.

This is how all those safety hazard type cars make it to the track and oil the place down.

Ever watch Pinks or PAO closely? You'll see guys with no gloves or fire suits making 9 second passes.

I do not think Tech is high on the list of priorities for these events.

Greg

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tech

Just what I had kinda expected to hear. Our local tracks don't enforce the rules either and some of the other guys cars I would'nt drive if they paid me. Just trying to be as prepaired as I can be for the show.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I know of one mustang that ran the armdrop race with myself and Greg, he also attended the Buick Ford race we went to and they would not allow him to run a 9 as he did not have a cage cert or an NHRA license.

He came over and asked if I had a cage cert and a license, and I was like uh....yeah.......???????

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
The whole thing is a joke :lol: That's not racing in my world. The tech was BS ,unless you were fast enough to have to have a liscence and certification. All they did was look at the paperwork,never even took my hood off of a high 8 second car. I had fun and got on TV ,but I'll never go to one again. do it and have fun ,I'm going to a race where I can have a little bit to do with my destiny :wink: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts