460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck was I made the 16. Bad luck was as soon as I crossed the finish line on my first win, the transmission let go. Couldn't make it back to the starting line for the next race, so I didn't get the money for the win either.
All in all, the weather sucked, and my car broke, but it was still better than my best day at work! :D
Better luck to all you guys who are entered in upcoming Pinks. Maybe you'll represent the BBF better than I did. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Hey, David, it was awesome meting you and your wife out there.

Sorry to hear about your trans, but at least it blew up on national TV.... sorry, a little gallows humor there.

My brother said you did the biggest, baddest burnout of all time on Saturday. Right on!

Later,

Greg

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Greg, great meeting you and your crew too. It will be interesting to see how that looks on TV. We had a good time, just always gonna wonder "what if". :?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pinks

Great to meet you guys. I hope that Pinks come back next year I will be ready. What did you thank of the track? I will be running there a lot since it is an hr. from my house. If I could get out of the oilfield long enough I would like to go to the Bash in Ky. Gary

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the track was great. I still can't believe how well it hooked with all the rain. Lots of shut down room too. I wish it was closer to me.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys. Yeah, it will be interesting to see exactly what gets put on the air. I heard a rumor it may air in July but I don't know for sure. Got to get the tranny fixed for the Bash :wink:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Hey Dave , what was the et's on the cars that made the show there ?

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ran 9.81 fri. and 9.82 sat. I heard that the total separation was 9.80 - 9.86 between all 16 cars. Just as a side note, There were many more cars in the 9.75 -9.90 bracket. One thing they looked at to help make their decision was reaction times. It's important to pay attention and cut your best light (or arm drop) in qualifying. If you jumped the start you were disqualified instantly.
Our deal was different than most because of the rain. We only got to make one pass Fri. On sat. we only got one shot to qualify. If you jumped or blew the tires off or got squirrly it was over. That made for a pretty intense qualifying round. :|
David

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks D. Turns out it wasn't the tranny. Evidently the converter bolts loosened up (yes I put loctite on them)when I let off the throttle it sheered them all off. Converter guy says they should be jam nutted from the back side. Guess I'll cut a window in the bottom of the case to get to them. Anyway, lesson learned, it won't happen again. :wink:
David

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Dave,

Glad it was an easy fix for you. When are you leaving and heading to the Bash? Which route are you taking? We plan to leave on Thursday and head up through Hattiesburg, Meridian, Birmingham, etc...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts