460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a shelf piston, forged, that will give me 9.0-9.5 static compression with DOVE heads, not milled, and a D9 block at 10.320. (.030 over, 3.85 stroke)

Don't really want to use the heavy 2404's.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think Speed -Pro makes a piston like your looking for.
J.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think Speed -Pro makes a piston like your looking for.
J.
OP said he did not want the "heavy" L2404F (Speed Pro) pistons.

I could not find a weight on the L2404F - even on the Speed Pro site.
It looks like Diamond has a few similarily sized (dished) pistons available as Carl mentions, which are in the 586-668 weight range. What do the Speed Pros weigh?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
OP said he did not want the "heavy" L2404F (Speed Pro) pistons.

I could not find a weight on the L2404F - even on the Speed Pro site.
It looks like Diamond has a few similarily sized (dished) pistons available as Carl mentions, which are in the 586-668 weight range. What do the Speed Pros weigh?
They don't call em two ton pistons for nothin. 800+ grams for the 2404's. aka about a half pound more than a modern lightweight piston. That's 4 POUNDS more weight swinging around on the end of the rods. :eek: Says a lot for the strength of stock rods.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you go to ICON website https://www.uempistons.com/, you can look up the pistons you're interested in. But generally, they are about the same weight as the Diamonds.

·
Premium Member
5,553 Posts
They don't call em two ton pistons for nothin. 800+ grams for the 2404's. aka about a half pound more than a modern lightweight piston. That's 4 POUNDS more weight swinging around on the end of the rods. :eek: Says a lot for the strength of stock rods.

L2404 piston and supplied pin = almost 1000g :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts