460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed in the directions that it said install the link bars where it has the work UP or an arrow up in that direction facing the center of the block. There doesn't seem to be either and the bars look the same all around. If anyone can just let me know as a piece of mind as I know a lot of people run these solid lifters.

Thanks!

·
Registered
294 Posts
i think it says something about if it doesnt say up or have an arrow then it doesnt matter. i just did a set like 3 months ago and i ran into the same problem i believe, but have some one back me up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I know the link bars ALWAYS go toward the center of the block.
The problem is that they are symetric nothing looks different on either side (up, down, left, right) so I would assume that nothing is different. I am just making sure that everyone has had the same experience.

·
Registered
955 Posts
They are talking about the link bars once they are installed on the lifters. The link bars are on one side of the lifters. The Link bars need to be installed torwards the center of the block. If you install one backwards then the link bars end up facing the head, thats a big no, no.

I think you guys are confused about the link bar itself. It can go on the lifters either way. Comp is refering to the lifter assembly with the link bar installed. Thus the link bar goes torwards the center of the engine.

Travis

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are talking about the link bars once they are installed on the lifters. The link bars are on one side of the lifters. The Link bars need to be installed torwards the center of the block. If you install one backwards then the link bars end up facing the head, thats a big no, no.

I think you guys are confused about the link bar itself. It can go on the lifters either way. Comp is refering to the lifter assembly with the link bar installed. Thus the link bar goes torwards the center of the engine.

Travis
Travis, thanks! I was confused on the link bar itself and this helped a lot!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes!!! Link bars to the center! If you put them in the other way.....you will never build enough oil pressure, it will come thru the feed galleys, and go straight thru the lifter, up thru the pushrod, rocker and fill the valve covers FAST!.....had an engine shop do that to me.....found that out the hard way.....ON THE DYNO!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts