460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Nope... if that is the PCV valve then it needs to go the ether a port in the intake or to the base of the carb it needs motor vacuum to operate.
good luck
tim

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi you'll need to retune (adjust the carb and maybe timing) it after hooking it up right
good luck
tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Nope... if that is the PCV valve then it needs to go the ether a port in the intake or to the base of the carb it needs motor vacuum to operate.
good luck
tim
Thanks Tim.
Been trying to correct previous owners botch jobs for a while.
PCV is circled on the left of the picture. Started leaking as can be seen at the base of it. Do you have a picture of how it should be connected? Can't find anything online. Anything would help.
Cheers,
Stuart

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
The PCV valve MUST be connect to plenum vacuum. Use the 3/8" vacuum nipple on the EFI TB.

Do NOT use a runner vacuum source. This will cause a lean condition and possible misfire.

SJ
used 2b RHP

:D

·
Registered
405 Posts
HI Check around under the carb look for a 3/8 nipple with maybe a plug on it. The PCV should be connected to a port in the large area under the carb not just a single runner as Porter says.. just like the brake booster is only I believe it well be in front of the carb area.
good luck
tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the MSD unit on mine. There is a 3/8 plug right in the middle of the front of the base of the throttlebody. ...pull the plug out and replace it with a barbed fitting. Then connect the PCV line to that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts