460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
NICE. Looks like a real nice group of guys and yeah that facility was nice. The race track didn't look to shabby either. Those guys are welcome in my pit any day.

·
Registered
200 Posts
How 'bout ol' "tricky" Rickie Smith. Bet that's the last place in the world he thought he'd be racing.

Some sheik from Dubai or somewhere is s'posed to be bankrolling Billy Glidden's ride next year I think. Not to mention Allen Johnson's new Top Fuel operation being backed by middle east oil money.

Around here there has been a big Middle Eastern pressence in the thorouhbred industry for years. Used to just be at the big Auctions, now some of the swankest Horse farms are owned by Middle East oil barrons.

TJ

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Well at least they're spending some of their money over here on something ohter than buying a gas station or a motel!! I guess they already own all of them :cry:

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I also wonder if the Popeye's Fried Chicken Offshore Racing Team is pissed at that team name they have?

That's what I thought it was at first. Popeye's Fried Chicken is a New Orleans icon to say the least. Not sure if they still do, but they used to run BBFs in their boats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts