460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ported fuelie intakes available on an exchange basis.

$200.00 plus return shipping.
Runner exits are opened and recontoured.
Intake is cleaned and glass bead blasted.

Flow rates pick up by 10 cfm on unported heads vs the as cast intake.

Flow rates pick up by up to 22 cfm at .600" lift on well ported large valve heads. Lower runners pick up significant flow vs the upper runners. About double on the ported heads.

Pics are available by request.

RHP is located in tacoma washington.

:D

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have one intake done and ready to ship at this time.

I have flow tested these intakes on both stock E7 and F3 fuelie heads and fully ported versions. There are significant gains on the flow bench not only on the as cast heads but the ported heads to an even greater degree.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump

Bump

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TTT

Bump...

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

TTT

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TTT

Bump.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump to the top

TTT.

Thank you for looking.

:)

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TTT

Bump...

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TTT

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Ported fuelie intakes available on an exchange basis.

$200.00 plus return shipping.
Runner exits are opened and recontoured.
Intake is cleaned and glass bead blasted.

Flow rates pick up by 10 cfm on unported heads vs the as cast intake.

Flow rates pick up by up to 22 cfm at .600" lift on well ported large valve heads. Lower runners pick up significant flow vs the upper runners. About double on the ported heads.

Pics are available by request.

RHP is located in tacoma washington.

What are the casting #s for these Scotty? Are all the efi intakes the same?

Tom

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What are the casting #s for these Scotty? Are all the efi intakes the same?

Tom
The ones I have are E7TE's however i have seen no differences in the later ones.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ttt

bump...

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ttt

bump

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi scotty. I have a couple of questions. I am planning on getting one of your portmatched efi 460 intakes sometime down the road. Wonderinf if you had any thoughts on my camshaft. It is a crane roller part #359331 grind # HR-200/311-2s-12. 200*/212* @ .050 .532/.568 lift. 1500-5000 rpm according to crane. My truck is a '97 reg. cab F250 4x4 460 w/E4OD, 3.55 gears (going to 4.10s in the future), always run stock tires. It is my daily driver, and does pull up to around 12,000# at times. Running E7 heads right now. While at SAMS school of auto machinist in Houston, TX, my cousin took my F3 heads and copied an article in the Nov.1996 issue of super ford mag. I had him install 2.19/1.76 ferrea valves, and he did a port/polish job using their flowbench at SAMS. I havent got them back yet, he said he had the intakes flowing just under 300cfm I believe. He also said after playing with them, he wishes had put 2.25 intakes in it and just left the exh. alone, because after cleaning the exh. ports they flowed very well, but he had already cut the valve seats and there wasnt any more room for bigger intakes. He is a chevy guy, and I think his teacher is die hard BB chevy and nothing else- you know the type. I think these heads were a little out of place in their shop. I used light weight TRW forged pistons in the engine and the CR is about 9.0-1 right now. I'm planning on using some kind of Forced induction when money permits. I am really wanting to find a Kenne Bell kit that was made for these trucks back in the late 90s- they are next to non existent- but I have my hopes up. Anways...my question... Do you think that after installing these heads and your intake (and obviously a larger throttle body) that I will be bale to step the cam up a size and still have good drivability. My cousin that did the heads says my cam is a baby, but I think hes used to working on "race only" stuff at school. I really dont want to give up any more low-end torque than I have to, but I can budge a little. I'm 1,500 @ 55mph on OD, and appx. 2,600 @ 65 in 3rd gear towing. I also have Banks headers/exhaust. The headers seemed to lose a lot of my off idle torque but i pick up quite a bit of mid range and top end (peaks about 3,600...falls off just after 4,000 rpm right now). I have asked several people about the differences between banks (they are a tri Y design) and other suppliers headers but have never gotten a good responce. I am open to any input here. To date it has dyno'd 280 hp and 420 ft/lbs. at the wheels. What do you think about my cam or what should I go to once the other top end is in place? How do you think this will affect performance doing all this at once? I am open to any suggestions or input on any of this. I have read alot of your post and gotten a lot of info from them. Thanks for any help.

Ben Partin
Kenansville, FL

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi scotty. I have a couple of questions. I am planning on getting one of your portmatched efi 460 intakes sometime down the road. Wonderinf if you had any thoughts on my camshaft. It is a crane roller part #359331 grind # HR-200/311-2s-12. 200*/212* @ .050 .532/.568 lift. 1500-5000 rpm according to crane. My truck is a '97 reg. cab F250 4x4 460 w/E4OD, 3.55 gears (going to 4.10s in the future), always run stock tires. It is my daily driver, and does pull up to around 12,000# at times. Running E7 heads right now. While at SAMS school of auto machinist in Houston, TX, my cousin took my F3 heads and copied an article in the Nov.1996 issue of super ford mag. I had him install 2.19/1.76 ferrea valves, and he did a port/polish job using their flowbench at SAMS. I havent got them back yet, he said he had the intakes flowing just under 300cfm I believe. He also said after playing with them, he wishes had put 2.25 intakes in it and just left the exh. alone, because after cleaning the exh. ports they flowed very well, but he had already cut the valve seats and there wasnt any more room for bigger intakes. He is a chevy guy, and I think his teacher is die hard BB chevy and nothing else- you know the type. I think these heads were a little out of place in their shop. I used light weight TRW forged pistons in the engine and the CR is about 9.0-1 right now. I'm planning on using some kind of Forced induction when money permits. I am really wanting to find a Kenne Bell kit that was made for these trucks back in the late 90s- they are next to non existent- but I have my hopes up. Anways...my question... Do you think that after installing these heads and your intake (and obviously a larger throttle body) that I will be bale to step the cam up a size and still have good drivability. My cousin that did the heads says my cam is a baby, but I think hes used to working on "race only" stuff at school. I really dont want to give up any more low-end torque than I have to, but I can budge a little. I'm 1,500 @ 55mph on OD, and appx. 2,600 @ 65 in 3rd gear towing. I also have Banks headers/exhaust. The headers seemed to lose a lot of my off idle torque but i pick up quite a bit of mid range and top end (peaks about 3,600...falls off just after 4,000 rpm right now). I have asked several people about the differences between banks (they are a tri Y design) and other suppliers headers but have never gotten a good responce. I am open to any input here. To date it has dyno'd 280 hp and 420 ft/lbs. at the wheels. What do you think about my cam or what should I go to once the other top end is in place? How do you think this will affect performance doing all this at once? I am open to any suggestions or input on any of this. I have read alot of your post and gotten a lot of info from them. Thanks for any help.

Ben Partin
Kenansville, FL
Send me an email or better yet telephone me at 253-988-6648. You are pushing the limits of your efi if it is not a mass airflow efi vs the speed density.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TTT

Bump to the top

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TTT

Bump

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are pushing the limits of your efi if it is not a mass airflow efi vs the speed density.

Regarding this; How does one change to a mass airflow from a speed density. I have a 1992 F250.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts