460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was needing the bolts and nuts thins that the k member bolt in with on a 93 mustang. my dadsaid that the junkyard would not sell bolts so igot on line and found this place call harbor auto used parts they said they had the bolts but they wanted 75.00 +20.00 for shipping so igot them and they came in and they where not the right bolts and they had not any of the nut things. not 1 bolt was the same or the same size i needed. i called them and told the guy that it was not what i needed he said that he had people that work there that know cars good and they where the bolts i needed and they bolt in to the frame. and i could not get my money back on them. so dont buy any parts from this place :x

D

·
0 Posts
Why would you buy used bolts from a Junk Yard for $75??????

There are places like Fastenall that will get you any size, material and grade of fastener thats avaliable..... and the 6-8 pieces that are required for a kmember would be a whole lot less new than $75.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
You should be able to get them directly from a Ford Dealer, I've gotten K-member bolts, control arm bolts (front and rear) and the nuts with the springs attached to them before.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
junk yard

i found a junk yard here that had them and would sell them to me. i paided 4.00 for all 8 of them complete nuts too. just wanted to make every know not to buy from this place

·
Registered
338 Posts
i own a auto salvage yard here in mo. and if you really need something like a bolt or something like that if you just ask one of the smaller yards they would probably just let you pull them off yourself. it eats up alot of man power that cost money for something like that , but if you wrench it your self alot of times it might be free :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts