460 Ford Forum banner

861 - 880 of 895 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
here is my street ride, 69 mach 1 428 CJ auto w/ factory A/C.......numbers matching. fully restored down to every bolt.......

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
greetings from finland!
been lurking on this forum for a while. my ride is a '76 thunderbird.
it has 80k miles on it and it was imported to finland in 2009 from california. the paint is "sunburned red" :D

i pulled the motor last autumn because it guzzled more oil than gas. i was going to work the heads and install new pistonrings but things started to get out of hand.

d1ve block .030 over
kb flat tops
edelbrock performer plus cam
edelbrock performer true roller timing set
rotating assembly fully balanced, tolerance within 0.2 oz-in
stock crank, stock rods with arp bolts
arp oilpump driveshaft
re-curved dizzy
d3ve heads
thermactor bumbs removed
valve job done, stock valves
performance plus valve springs
weiand stealth intake

still missing headers and carb. i was thinking about holley 750 with vacuum secondaries and remove the choke tower. hooker 6126's would be good headers but the price is too high. hedman hedders 89200 from 70's van or rv looks like a good alternative, should need only tubes 7 and 8 reworked + some hammering. they cost around $200.

i also pulled the c6 trans. will put adjustable vacuum modulator and a shiftkit. thinking about b&m transpak. also a new torque converter, propably a b&m holeshot with 2000rpm stall. with 2.73 gears i have 2200rpm while cruising. there are 11 sixth gen thunderbirds in finland and most of them are completely originals with collector plates (museum-register in finland).

i use the as a daily driver during summer. so it's cruising and occasional burnouts. looking for 300hp and 450lb-ft.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice T-Bird, but I'm biased. :D Love to hear about how yours runs with that combo. I'm still debating how crazy to get with my '75. Hood clearance and the shock towers are definitely deciding factors, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Glad to see you guys from other countries with Fords!

Everyone's ride looks excellent. Lots of work and dedication and MONEY went into yalls work. Good job. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
'76 Thunderbird from Finland
not many Ford's here, mainly gm b-body wagons and a-body mopars :D

460 .030 over
d3 heads, thermactor bumbs removed but I was too scared to do the bowl blend. I worried about grinding into water passage
edelbrock performer plus cam. 194° / 204° .460" / .480" so mild yes but works ok with 5000lbs car. 16" vacuum on idle with gear selector on D
kb flat top pistons. about 9.5:1 compression. either I got a short block (d1ve) or it was milled at least once because the pistons were 0.014" from deck
stock internals but rods have arp bolts, arp oil pump drive shaft, edelbrock true roller timing set
engine is balanced, didn't cheap out there :D
weiand stealth intake and holley 3310
hooker 6126's and dual 2.5" exhaust

I know i left a lot of potential hp's in the heads and cam but the car is 95% summer daily / cruising and 5% friday night burnouts
C6 complete rebuild and b&m transpak. original torque converter
2.73 gears open diff, that's where I'm going next. was thinking about 3.25 and locker. I don't want to sacrifice that sweet 18mpg on highway (55mph on cruise) so no big gears

861 - 880 of 895 Posts