460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know.. Two threads in one day about the same car :p. Anyways.. So my new car has a lightly modded 302 in it, and I'm trying to get some sort or guesstimate as to the hp/tq output of the engine. The engine itself is out of a 90's Explorer, and as far as I know the bottom end is stock. It has either a 600 or 650 4 barrel carb, an Edelbrock Performer intake manifold, aftermarket iron heads, a mild cam (somewhat noticeable idle,) long tube headers ( I think 1 5/8",) and an 2.5" exhaust setup with high flow mufflers. Sorry I can't be more specific. The guy I bought it from didn't install any of the parts.. It was the guy that owned the car before him. I'd love to get it dynoed, but I don't have the spare cash right now. Just curious.. TIA

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: I was able to find out some more info through the previous owner.. Cam is a Trickflow Stage 1, and it has GT40 "P" heads.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
340 ish.

That's what I was thinking. Not familiar with that cam. Those heads are better than most stock ones, but not by much. Better heads should get it there.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I was thinking. Not familiar with that cam. Those heads are better than most stock ones, but not by much. Better heads should get it there.
According to the internetz, the specs are as follows: 0.499 int./0.510 exh. lift. And duration at 50 is 221/225.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was actually looking for a quote for flywheel hp (and torque if someone cares to take a guess for that as well.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts