460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure this is the correct place to post this but hear goes.
This is for Mud and Sand Drags
We have a Front Engine Power-pro chassis with 9" rear 4 linked NP205 case C6 and 557" Dana 44 Front.
It will pack the left front tire about 3' in the air bottom the right rear shock on a hard run.
I am being told that the 9" housing is twisting is the cause what do you think?
Richard

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I'd say it's more chassis flex if just the left front is coming up. If your 4 link is set up properly, then there wouldn't be any twisting of the rear, unless the link bars themselves are bent and flexing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you running coil overs on the rear and are they adjustable. If so what pound spring are you running. May pay to try a stiffer spring on the rear and install an anti sway bar. This may help

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Power Pro

Yes we are and bumped the spring pressure up on the right rear not much difference.
I did see a sway bar system offered by Power pro but they tell me it is a permanent fix for the problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
On racing junk under the chassis section there is a variety of sway bars. I run a class 3 trunk and run a 125 lb spring on the rear with my shocks set on the compression as tight as they will go with a good hard hooking track. It will carry the front wheels on the wheelie bar.
Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts