460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is my 1st post on the new forum. I'm currently running a C-4 in my t-bird (2900 lbs 466 ci) running 6.40's and am running a used ATI converter, which ATI say is too lose for my combo. I am going to purchase a new converter and am thinking of switching to powerglide at the same time. I'm not crazy about a "GM :roll:" part on the car, but if it will help the car now, and later on down the road with more cubes, then I guess I can adjust. Just want some opinions on this from you guys, thanks.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
Glide

I am running a Glide in my Drag car and I love it for the simple reason I launch the car and when I shift I let the BBF Torque pull it through, it is so nice not to have to worry about hitting that second shift. The other reason is they are way cheaper to build and can find parts any where, and cost way less to rebuild if need be.

hope this helps
Randy

·
Registered
561 Posts
Powerglide

Put one in stronger than C4 more consistant ET. Dont buy that converter yet pg are different, you will also have to change the flex plate. Gregg

T

·
0 Posts
Powerglide

I have a glide for sale & I have e-mailed you the info along with my phone numbers. Give me a call & lets talk. :D

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
glide

I don't have any good 1/4 mile ET's yet because I have some handling issues but only switch was from a C-4 with brake and 8 inch converter to a 1.76 glide with a brake and 8 inch converter. 60' went from 1.54 to 1.38 and the car is a lot more user friendly off the line. Also I don't worry about breaking it like I did with the C-4. Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
powerglide

That is a pretty awesome drop in your 60 ft. What kind of engine combo are you running, along with car weight, rear gear,etc?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts