460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's been a very rough few days for me. on friday i got called home to find out that the dialysis that my father was on 3 days a week was no longer working and there was nothing else we could do for him. so the family decided to stop the treatments, my father was tired of fighting. he was 87 and had a long good life.then at 3:45 am this morning we got a call that we needed to be at his side. it wasnt going to be much longer. at 5:15 he passed away.
he was a ww2 vet. serving with the 95th division 377th. they were known as the victory force,and Iron Men of Metz. this is a very rough time for my mother,as they were married for 63 years. we dont want anything to happen anytime soon now to our mother.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Good luck and my prayers are with you.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My prayers are with you and your mother. It's some comfort that he passed away in the presence of a loving family. Can't ask for anything more meaningful than that.

·
Registered
457 Posts
sorry for your loss, our prayers go out to your mom and the rest of you. i thank your Father for his service to our country, if wasnt for MEN like him we would not have our freedom.

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Loss, I had a Great Uncle in the 384th Heavy Bomber who never made it home.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You and your family are in my prayers, its easy to say but the way I deal in times like yours is to remember all the good times.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Your father was a member of our "finest generation", and as such a hero in my estimation. My prayers for you and yours. If there's something I can do let me know.
X2... Men of your father's stature are few and far between anymore... Thanks to him for his service to this great nation... And thoughts and prayers to your family...

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Prayers

I feel for ya.Lost my dad a couple of months ago to ayear long battle with pancreatic cancer.Some fights can't be won even by a tough old marine like my father.(he's probably barking orders in heaven as I type this).CELEBRATE your fathers life,sounds like he did us ALL proud!
Russ

·
Registered
431 Posts
My condolences also.
For everyones info, the 95th infantry was the lead unit for Pattons 3rd Army. Dodging german artillery all the way into Germany. My best freinds Grandfather was in that unit, and still has nightmares.
As you said, truly men of iron. Another hero has fallen. God Bless your Fathers memory.

Regards.
Al

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Sorry to hear that. My brother in law passed away yesterday and was not even 50 yet. i am glad you got 87 years from your dad.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
it's been a very rough few days for me. on friday i got called home to find out that the dialysis that my father was on 3 days a week was no longer working and there was nothing else we could do for him. so the family decided to stop the treatments, my father was tired of fighting. he was 87 and had a long good life.then at 3:45 am this morning we got a call that we needed to be at his side. it wasnt going to be much longer. at 5:15 he passed away.
he was a ww2 vet. serving with the 95th division 377th. they were known as the victory force,and Iron Men of Metz. this is a very rough time for my mother,as they were married for 63 years. we dont want anything to happen anytime soon now to our mother.
SO sorry for your loss:( God bless you and your family. Our prayers are w/you.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts