460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few simple questions i hope
1. I am converting my heads to 7/16 stud mount rockers and i have the tool for doing 351 heads will it also work on the 460 heads or do i need to get another tool.
2. I have already bought my rockers but was wondering what studs and guide plates to order.
3. I am also wondering if there are any oiling mods that i can do i know on are 351 in our super late modle circle track car we drill and tap some oil ports then insert a restricter plug to force more oil to where we realy need it is this some thing you have done to the 460 block.
4. Also what would be the best carb for my motor 9.5 comp 60 over elelbroc proformer intake xe 262 comp cam d3ve heads exht ported speed pro h535 pistons 5 speed or 4 speed
This build is for an 83 f250 curently 302 powered way under power i plan to change gears to 410 and use this truck for pulling and off road use so i am looking for torque.
Thanks in advance for any info and have a great day.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
sould have a machine shop do the work for studs due to the multi angles . your build , see no reason for any oil mods , get a good oil pan that keeps the oil at the pick up

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was told to get BBC studs, but they were too short to use with my +.10 valves.
So I have a set of Mr. Gasket BBC studs that I'd let go for a fair price, also have the stock PI studs, but I doubt those are what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts