460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think that there is a market out there to calibrate pressure guages. I have a calibration station for pressure gauges that is accurate within 1/100 of a psi and I could check the gauges accuracy and calibrate is possible. Do you think someone would pay for this service or not really care about accuracy?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Do you guys think that there is a market out there to calibrate pressure guages. I have a calibration station for pressure gauges that is accurate within 1/100 of a psi and I could check the gauges accuracy and calibrate is possible. Do you think someone would pay for this service or not really care about accuracy?

I'd pay to have all my gauges checked if it didn't cost to much .. how much you thinking of charging.

Dan

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
in the oil Field we have our guages calibrated and we also have a calibration station. some guages are ok to calibrate and some it's better to just throw away......we also have our Torque wrenches tested and calibrated every year....

Randy

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Depending on the cost, including round trip shipping, it might work. Then again, you couldn't do electrical gauges unless you had both pieces AND the connecting wire, How could that work???

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
This is what I used to do for a living (instrumentation and controls). Now I mainly do controls. I work in the power industry (power plant). Our calibration equipment is certified to 1/4 of 1%. If I calibrate something in the shop, I have to re-cal it when actually installed in the field (ISO regs). This parallels to if you calibrate and then ship the gauge back and along the way the UPS guy kicks the package down the street. Would the cal still be good? I know automotive gauges are not nearly as precise as what I have to deal with

1 - 5 of 5 Posts