460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it too early to start planning? Ah bees there as will the kid & his wife. I've heard that there will be some VERY interesting stuff at the ELIMINATOR display, if I said more...I'd have to kill ya.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Do you still have to own a business to get tickets to pri? I thought it was that way a few years ago, but I was wondering if it was still that way. I went in 2000 I think it was to indy. It is quite the show. Lots of neat stuff. Maybe I will just have to get a job again in an engine shop so I can go again. Oh yeah thats right no one around here wants to hire anyone who has bought as much equipment as I have purchased in the last few years. :lol: I guess I can't win.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I believe you do. I was supposed to go last year with a friend of mine and make a vacation out of it but between his home renovations and my work schedule it never happened. I already used all my vacation this year so I am SOL again.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the youngsters here arn't as "resorcefull" as us old geezers, how much would it cost to have 500 NICE, professional looking, biz cards printed? Design your own logo, biz name(not to specific), and go for it. What's the worst thing that can happen? ...they say no. Be advised however, it's NOT a cheap deal. Motel/hotel rates START around $120/night + travel + food (in charlie's case...a LOT of food). I don't think you could do the deal for much less than $500 + airfare. This is the 19Th year of the show, the kid and I have made all of them.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The SEMA show is a must IF you are in the biz of selling "chrome Godammits". If you want engine/transmission and POWER stuff it's PRI for sure.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Chuck,

Will just printing up some business cards work? I thought you had to prove your business by means of license numbers, tax ID, etc...?

Is this a deal where you just show up, pay the registration at the event and they let you in? Or do you have to submit all kinds of documents in advance?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John, while it is possible to walk in, register, get your credentials, and go to the show, that's the hard way, can take hours. If you don't have everything they want and have a good...smooth line,...you've wasted a trip. My advice is to Pre register so you get your credentials in the mail before you travel. You can call them at (949) 499-5413 or FAX (949) 499-0410 0410. Check out www.performanceracing.com You want to be a "Retailer", of which there are several choices, they will accept any 2 of: biz card with your name on it (you'll need lots of'em), copy of paycheck stub, copy of W-2 form. Theese are for "employees". For a company, any 2 of: copy of business license, copy of Vendors permit, copy of resale license, biz card(s). It's amazing what you can do with a scanner and a text editor. I would call them ASAP and ask them to FAX(if you have one) or mail the forms to you. FAX is more biz like. You'll need the housing forms as well. You'll see hundreds of kids trying and failing to get in. Fortunately, you only have to get it right once, following years they'll send you a form for any changes, simple. Good Luck, hope to see ya there.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Show is 14 thru 16 Dec. Orlando, Fl. I've heard their web site is down, hope it's temporary, as the show planner they have is very usefull.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Chuck,

The place I work for is already called Engine Monitor, Inc.!

Maybe I can make it work as an employee.......... Does the business have to be registered for the employee to be allowed access????

Or can I just register myself as an employee of the place I work for?

Those dates are far enough out that I might be able to schedule a trip.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
John, don't wait !!!, send in the registration ASAP, that way...IF there is a hitch you'll have time to fix it. Also, if you wind up not going after registering, you'll get the info for next year sooner and you won't have to fight all the details again. NOTE TO OTHERS, registration is FREE.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts