460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was so cool I got to tell you guys about it.This weekend I crewed on an IHRA pro stock at a test section.They worked my butt off!I worked the rear of the car helped the clutch man.Saturday night during the weekly races we were running a match race style deal and hurt one of the 800+ inch motors.After I got my stuff done I help change it.When we were all done for the weekend they came up to me and ask if I would be interested in going to work for them.I felt so proud to be asked but I have a great job and family and I got to get this BBF together.They offered to pay me for the weekend I told them no this was PRICELESS.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is so observasions from the weekend.5.75 stroke 4.70bore,8100 shifts,sonny's hemi heads,I had never seen that much vavel lift I would guess over 1.00,each cylinder had an O2 senser it looked like 20 numbers differants between two jets in the same metering block,the blocks were not billet.They waited till the engine was at a certain temp. to set the valves.Light oil, low oil pressure,low engine temp.I looked inside the intake manifold and the carb. man told me he was going to have to kill me now . I told him wouldn,t be the first time I been dead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts