460 Ford Forum banner

PROBABLY WONT BE MAKING THE BASH :(

3K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Phantasea466 
#1 · (Edited)
WILL BE AT THE BASH :) SHE IS FIXED

1st run went 9.06 @ 151.64 with a 1.35 sixty N/A deliveredfast was there we have video

went back losend the front wheel limiters 2 inches and started raining - after a 1.5 rain delay did my burn out ,staged car and she went to the moon- im not sure if i lifted or it shut off ,but she came crashing down and the front end is hurt - not sure how bad, fenders,hood,front clip,oil pan,headers ,mufflers smashed :( car went a 1.32 sixty with the rear wheels- she was on a 8 second pass :)

well ill know more tonight or sunday hope i can make it

#4 ·
yep I got to see gerry crap is pants. He deffintely was on a pass. I got front up close footage, but I dont know how to post video to the puter. Hey Gerry it was nice meeting you and ur gang. Can't wait till the wedding:D:D:D. LMAO!!!!

#12 ·
those wheelies are cool to watch ,but you can tear alot of stuff up in a hurry..sounds like you pulled a Damon there. He tore some stuff up too ,dropping it like that. Good luck with it.

#13 ·
I find it funny..........I see so many guys go to the moon, keep their foot in it till the back tires are OFF the ground, then LIFT........and BANG....$$$$$$:confused::confused::confused:

Try this.............when you cant see the track no more, EASE out the throttle a bit, till it just starts coming down, THEN nail it and ride it out!!

#16 ·
Just take a sledge hammer and beat it out good enough to try it again ,we all wanna watch you win the wheelie contest:D

#21 ·
Sorry to hear the news Jerry. Gitter fixed and try it again. Until you get a set of bars, it's always gonna be in the back of your mind.:)

#22 ·
Man that sucks, hope the damage isn't to bad.

Gerry, if you don't already have struts with external adjustable valving it might be an idea to get some and use them in conjunction with the limiters. That way you can control both the speed of the strut's extension as well as the total distance of there extension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.