460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new never bolted on complete setup, all head and intake work done by Charlie Evans, cam done by Lem Evans. Combo was spec'd for a 588 turning 6500-7000rpm in my jetboat.

Profiler 205 heads, fully ported with SS valves (2.400 I, 1.850 E) Avarage @ .800 494/330 @ .900 513/345 this is with the small valves and on a 45*, these heads have the full port job and with 2.450 and 1.88 on a 55* they will flow 550/350. I had these heads done for my boat motor to last a long time with very little maintenace.

Intake is a modified C460 cast single four (done by Charlie) Comes with 2 sets of intake gaskets and a set of adapter spacers for the profilers. New intake bolt kit also.

Head stud kit all 18.

Rockers are WW, custom fit to heads by WW.

Lifters are Compcams offset solid roller (standard bore size)

Pistons are Diamond 4.56 bore, 28cc dish for a 6.7 rod on a 4.5 stroke, 10.3 block (makes 13:1) also Total Seal rings for these pistons.

Camshaft (spec'd by Lem) for this combo.

I have approximately 10k in this stuff, all is new, never even mocked up! I'm switching to Hemi heads and that is the only reason for selling. Rods are not for sale even though they are pictured, i just havent taken them off the pistons yet.

$7000 and i'll pay shipping (a few hundred bucks i'd bet) I want to sell all together but i'd be interested in splitting it up also.

Thanks, Dallas

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flow #'s don't really mean very much how much better are these then c-heads all done up? thanks
On this setup probably about the same, if you want to run lift over the .800 mark the Profilers are a little better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i was thinkin around the 1.00lift range. i have c-heads but was wonderin what head makes better high rpm hp..thanks

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinkin around the 1.00lift range. i have c-heads but was wonderin what head makes better high rpm hp..thanks
With the bigger valves and steeper valve angle the Profilers will really start to pull away from the C460's over .800 lift. Charlie Evans would be the guy to ask since he has alot of experiance with both heads.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
In the pecking order of heads, I'd say the Pro-Filers are at least 50 and more like 75-80 Hp better than C-460 heads, with all other factors being the same.

We flow tested four ported and completed Pro-Filer 205 heads just right before Christmas and they all had the steep angle valve job with titanium valves. The average of all four heads was 550 cfm on the intakes and 370 cfm on the exhausts without a test pipe. Of course pipe numbers would be higher. Another really nice thing (and expensive) about Pro-Filer 205 heads is that they have CuBe seats, whereas the C-460s do not.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Done deal dallas. Good talking to ya on the phone. Let me know when you get all the details as discussed.
Thanks Again.

Thanks also to C Evans for sharing your knowledge.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Done deal dallas. Good talking to ya on the phone. Let me know when you get all the details as discussed.
Thanks Again.

Thanks also to C Evans for sharing your knowledge.
Stuff is sold, pending funds. And thanks Charlie for posting that info. :)

·
8,522 Posts
" I'd say the Pro-Filers are at least 50 and more like 75-80 Hp better than C-460 heads, with all other factors being the same."
Charlie......you got a dyno sheet to back this statement up ?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Dallas is a very honest seller. We have dealt before:)
That was a hell of a deal :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
parts arrived in OZ

Hi Dallas

The crate arrived at my door today (Western Australia) in perfect condition. Thanks for all your trouble packing and posting the parts, including Brians T/R.

Your a real gentlemen.

Regards Andrew

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Dallas

The crate arrived at my door today (Western Australia) in perfect condition. Thanks for all your trouble packing and posting the parts, including Brians T/R.

Your a real gentlemen.

Regards Andrew
Andrew, you were great to deal with, thank you very much. Dallas

1 - 19 of 19 Posts