460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Labor of love. 8) I appreciate the work you went through there as I have been there. Lots of love and attention.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very Nice.........It looks like you have the rrs rack set-up with crites headers, is that correct? I am considering the rrs rack myself but was reluctant because of possible header fitment issues. How much modification was required?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love those '66 and '67 Merc and Ford. I had two '66 Fairlanes when I was young.

Your ride is really great! You have done a very neat and organized layout.

Mike

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx, I bought the car in 2004 from Calif. It was a track only car. I've made it into a street strip car. Put all glass and door guts back, wipers, horn, wired lights and turn signals. Intalled a 55gpm water pump, dual fans, 16 gallon fuel cell, {only had an 8 gallon}. Front disc brakes, rack and pinion, and power steering. Car was running 10.40's on motor and 9.60's on spray. PO removed spay before I bought it. It still went 10.80's on Hoosier Quick Times in street trim. It's a fun car to drive around.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I installed daul 11 fans, and a 55gpm Maziere remote mounted water pump. It only had one small fan and a 18 gpm Deadenbear remote water pump. Ran too hot on the street.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is how I bought the car. Small fan and small water pump.

I installed dual fan. Idle temp was fine, but would heat up driving.

Installed new 55gpm remote water pump under front fender.
Click for picture

Stays under 200 with 13-1 compression. Most times around 190.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts