460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess I'll start a thread that I can post the progress of my car . Most of you already know that I have a 2002 gt that I'm putting a 545 BBF stroker in it :twisted: Well right now I'm working on the engine bay . I got it down to bare metal where I'm going to be boxing it in and welding EVERY little hole . Tomarrow I'm going to start making a the fill peices out of sheet metal . Every place that there still is black is where I'm going to box in with sheet metal . Look for a ton more pictures as the build goes on :wink:

Lew

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That is a very nice car. It will be killer when it is done.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8liter said:
Man I love that car! Did you buy it new or was is a rolling chassis or wreck/stolen recovery?

Do you have anymore pics of the inside? Is it mini tubbed too?
I bought it off the show room foor it only has 8,000 miles on it . This is why my wife won't talk to me anymore :lol: The car isen't tubbed I was going to but I think I'll get it to hook with the new rear suspension and rear http://www.cachassisworks.com/site_images/84MX0-507_ProCO_rear_AT.jpg

Here are some pictures of the inside .

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
man i love those new edge mustangs,i have an 01 gt daily driver,when it gets tired i think im going to go the same route,itll just gonna be a few years down the road lol!
john

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bbfstanger said:
man i love those new edge mustangs,i have an 01 gt daily driver,when it gets tired i think im going to go the same route,itll just gonna be a few years down the road lol!
john
Come on rip the damb thing apart ! There is nothing like the felling of ripping a new car apart :lol:

Lew

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
8liter said:
Man I love that car! Did you buy it new or was is a rolling chassis or wreck/stolen recovery?

Do you have anymore pics of the inside? Is it mini tubbed too?
I know exactly what your thinking. MY VOTE. Trade your rolling chassis for a 99+ rolling chassis. That would be cool.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phantasea466 said:
Nitro Lew said:
Finshed welding the sheet metal now I just have another 40 hours of body work :lol:

Lew
I don't envy you ONE BIT :lol: I hate body work! When I molded the scoop into my hood, my hands itched for a week!
I have week of cleaning all the damn dust out of the garage :( I just don't see how people can do body work for a living !

Lew

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
511Fox said:
Sweeet Car Dude. Will it see any street miles :?:

I wish I was building a car/having it built now. I'm neck deep in a "project house". I am ENVIOUS.

Via Con DIOS Amigos
I'll take it to some car shows/cruise night around here from time to time :D With the price of race gas I don't think I will be doing to ton of street driver :lol:

Lew

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Street miles are the ****.........and man quit showing me pics of this or I'll be tearing my '01 GT apart to put a big block in it.....smokin...........it aint so bad...I still can get 100LL at my friend's airport where I used to work......Hell they will pump it right into my car....but more economical to have a barrel on hand to mix fuel...........D

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well guys I got the engine bay smoothed and welded up . I was a lot of work but well worth it , the engine bay looks SOOOO much better 8) I left it in primer until I get the motor plated setup then I'll take it all back apart and put some paint on it . The car also got a hole new suspension coil overs , a-arms , struts , cc plates . Here is a few pictures .

Lew

1 - 20 of 63 Posts