460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I would start a build thread here as I am starting my 460 build so heres some pics and history about my ride.......Well after not owning a 4 eye for a long time I picked up this 86 coupe....I got it about this time last year and have been working on it since then trying to clean it up as best as I can! When I got the car it didnt even run muchless drive! So with some time and TLC I got it running and right now is my daily driver!

Anyways I am starting on my 460 I just got saturday for it and will be doing a single blow thru carb turbo on it over this winter....along with full tubular K member and A arms, coil overs, and full 12 point cage...Anyway heres some pics of the car when I first got it, how she sits to this day!

Please post your thoughts ideas and questions.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After 4 times of washing it......

All the dirt and crap I washed off it

Before stripping the interior out...

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Looks like you have it pretty clean now.One thing I have found that help on a car/truck that is that dirty is getting up early in the morning after a heavy dew has fell and wash it.The dew will have some of the tree sap loosen up and make it easier to get off.You have the car looking mean with the primer front and hood with it lowered like that.

·
Registered
877 Posts
That is one clean car. Now that I see how you cleaned yours up I am going to do the same to mine when I get started on the interior.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Looking good. What brand of hood is that?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What color you gonna go with?
I have been kicking around the idea of a candy orange....

Looks like you have it pretty clean now.One thing I have found that help on a car/truck that is that dirty is getting up early in the morning after a heavy dew has fell and wash it.The dew will have some of the tree sap loosen up and make it easier to get off.You have the car looking mean with the primer front and hood with it lowered like that.
Heavy dew? you mean mtn dew ? lol

That is one clean car. Now that I see how you cleaned yours up I am going to do the same to mine when I get started on the interior.
its been a long road ahead and I still dont see any light at the end of the tunnel. One of my other plans is to fill up all the holes and clean up under the hood totally!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who's 5.0 motorsports? I've never heard of them. I've in the denver are most of my life (ALL)

Ace
where at in denver you from? im in Littleton. 5.0 motorsports is my business I have been working on for a little while. I still dont have a full blown shop but I am a dealer for alot of companys.

I must say that I like that gold color on there for some reason. I say you should respray the car in the same color ;)
I have thought about leaving it factory 'tan' but want to do something a little more different and wild.

was wondering that too. kaenan?
The hood is from my good friend Dave at HO Fibertrends! it is his 4" cowl. Dave is awesome with outstanding customer service! heres his website HO Fibertrends.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well heres a few shots of my 460 in all is messy glory :D It came out of a 83 F-250 4x4. Is there anything I should be looking out for with this engine?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts