460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, to the advise of many on here I named my truck and put the decals on today... The ones on the bedside were done like a single decal so it "looks" different from side to side... But dimensionally they're the same...

I got me another sponsor last week, so tomorrow I get to haul it to a sheetmetal shop so they can install the aluminum in the bed for me... I'll post up some pics when I bring it home... I'm also installing my front and rear lexan this weekend...

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Looking real good Doug. Thats a suitable name for the truck.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
TONKA is lookin good Dugger,you can be proud of it :):cool:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Looks good Doug!!

Congrats on the sponsor, I bet it takes some smooth talkin to get some help these days!! Good job.

Bill

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need something on the scoop, or maybe black out the cowl area. Hope you don't blind yourself on the track ;).
I noticed that too... I was sitting in it the other day out in the sun, and there's a little bit of glare...:D

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You could flat black the scoop or the hood to calm down the glare.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great colour Doug. Kinda reminds me of my old yellow '04 F150... except for the scoop, slicks, skinnies, chrome bumper and grill, oh yes and the motor !

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good Doug. Are you going to the bash Joe.
Nope... not gonna make it this year either... Thanks for the compliments guys... We'll see what kind of attention it draws tomorrow when I take it to town to get the aluminum installed in the bed...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Lookin Good Doug ! How about some Black Flames on the hood to cut the glare ? I Think Mr. Hobbs could set you up right !! I dont know why I have always liked Yellow on Hot Rods..But Not on street car?? Strange... Thumbs up !

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was lookin' at that as well... My son thinks I should do it in a scallop rather thatn a flame though... My thought is to blackout around the opening, and then back over the top and partially the sides with a flame or scallop... I'm tryin' not to smoke up the atmosphere too much, but I'm still thinkin' on it...:D:D

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Doug ,if I was going to flat black it. I wouldn't go to far with it. I think the top part of the hood and the cowl would look pretty nice. But usually when you try to go with flames or scallops with flat black it usually turns out looking more like your tryin to hide stuff. The truck looks good now,I hope whatever you do adds to it instead of taking it in a different direction. ;) I like the name ..that was my old dogs name..lol..Good luck with it:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts