460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got the Mustang off the jack stands and down on its wheels yesterday. I have the single adjustable QA1 Front struts. I followed the instructions on how to assemble them and I also followed the instructions to the letter with my UPR caster/camber plates but I have clearly missed something. My issue is when I put weight on the front of the car the spring on the strut compresses. However the strut rod with the nut on top comes farther up out of the caster camber plate when I push the front end down so the strut is not compressing even though the spring is. Should there be a nut on the strut rod below the caster/camber plate as well as a nut on the top so the strut compresses? I looked over both sets if instructions again and I don't see anything in there that would seem to address this issue.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You've got to be missing some pieces/hardware on the CC plate, itself. Are the sandwiched bearings installed (between the lower plate and upper plate)? The bearings that the top of the strut rods sit in?

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've got to be missing some pieces/hardware on the CC plate, itself. Are the sandwiched bearings installed (between the lower plate and upper plate)? The bearings that the top of the strut rods sit in?
You were right. I was missing pieces. Or rather a piece on each side. I was missing the spacers that go on the strut rod. They were the ones that go on before you feed the strut rod in and up through the CC plate. I studied the CC plate instructions again and I saw the piece that I was missing. The instructions were nothing more than an exploded diagram. The spacers that I was missing looked exactly like spacers that went on the UPR upper & lower control arms in the rear and I had all the little pieces in one box for safe keeping. So that is how I missed it... It is all good now though. I figured it out and reassembled it. Now when it is on the ground I can push on the front end and everything functions as normal. Thanks for the help though. Once again it is most appreciated!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts