460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I installed my JW converter bushing in the end of my 460 crank, I drove it in until it stopped on the little step cut into it. After that, did I need to trim it down any? My problem is that when I bolt the bell up to the engine, the converter bottoms out on the bushing and won't let me turn the converter to align the bolts to the flexplate. And yes, the converter is seated into the trans all the way. What did I do wrong? Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
JW adapter

Was the converter made for use with no mid-plate, a .250" thick aluminum midplate, or a .090" thick steel mid plate? Maybe the pilot is too long.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You didnt do anything wrong, I had to grind the hell out of mine to get it into the crank bore & had to enlarge the bore of the bushing to get the converter to go in it. The JW bell was the same way, the dowel holes were too small, starter bolt holes were not correct, the 7/16 attaching holes were not large enough. Ask me if i was happy with my new high dollar for what I got piece. Oh, it fits perfect now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts