460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats the conscensous use rim screws or not? and if yes both inside and out or just on the outside, and how many per side.
This is on my ranger, and with the boggers I was getting a little tire slip. Setup is around 900hp and 3500lbs if that is required.
Always ran dirt before on anything with much power so running slicks on pavement is a little new.
Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would use them if I were you. The best thing to do is buy the template from summit or jegs. I would install them inside and outside. I think it is about 12 per side.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
yes screws, lots of them lol, I use 38 per rim. Be sure they are even with each other from one side to the other. Also no tubes, just slather the insides (even the side walls, not the beads) real good with 2 coats of dawn dishsoap, let it dry between coats and before mounting and once they are on air them to 30 psi and then install the screws. Dont forget to measure the rollout once you let them down to operating pressure.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Jon are you saying don't use the tubes even if they are tube type slicks? I already have the slicks and tubes (not mounted yet though) and are tube type but just curious here if thats the way to run them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Screws

First of all,when you put a white mark on the rim and slick and the mark moves 4 inches over you need screws.I bought the kit from Jegs and one of the hardest things to do is drill a new set of Center Lines.I put eight in the front and eight in the back.That stopped that problem.I have ran tubes and tubeless and never had a problem with either.Good Luck.

D

·
0 Posts
Best to use screws if its a fast car and tubes are optional, but I never used them anymore.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't use them. But I only go 10.1's. We didn't use them on my bosses dragtser and it goes 7.0's. I have put marks on my tire and rim and it hasn't moved. It wouldn't hurt to put them in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts