460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a clue how much a set of DO0E castings go for with screw in studs?

I have some early style 351W heads, and was thinking of either fixing them up so i can use a bigger cam/springs without the press in studs pulling, or buying a set of aftermarket, such as the world heads in iron, or edelbrock rpms in alum.

If i can get a good portion of the $ dumped into the stock heads, i might do that, as the money won't all be lost.

So anyone know how much they would go for with a basic valve job and screw in studs? Or for that matter, how much the castings would be worth as is?

EDIT= SORRY JUST NOTICED THIS SHOULD GO IN CHILLYS GARAGE!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Maybe $100 each. With all the heads available now, the old D0OEs are not worth much. Don't expect to pay for a good valve job and machining for studs and then get your money back on a sale. We had a set and I gave 'em away. I was able to pick up a set of GT-40 Lightning heads -factory reman- with mild porting, gave $400 for the pair. New springs, valves, guides, seals, etc. Runs rings around the old heads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I priced it all out on the 351W in my 70 Mustang coupe, and with a valve job ended up being cheaper to go with a set from Powerheads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts