460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a mud race next thursday and not a lot of time til then to work on my truck but they always have a little jump at the beginning and i dont want to rely on my 9" lift coil springs to hold onto that heavy d60 when i get air born.. whats some easy ways? inside coil with u bolts? from axle to frame?

·
Registered
177 Posts
On my d60 that came from a 94 f350, i have a cable that i got custom built running from the torsion bar mount on the axle to a mount on the frame. I thru the torsion bar in the bush. Then i built a little mount on the frame, out of 1/4 plate. Cable is about 20 inches long. I only did the one side of my axle beacuse my drive shaft angle is pretty severe and did not want the c.v to bind when wheel goes in a hole. Forgot to say i am on leafs yet still

Could you not run a cable or nylon sling down the inside of the coil. that way it would never run a chance of getting teisted or tangle on anything. Make sure the strap is tight just before the shocks are fully extended.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put some 1/4" cable to limit my axle.
Nothing complicated, I have a sway bar (could of just extended the sway bar links after the lift, but didn't have any steel rod or access to a welder at the time, so this was the cheaper soluition) and I just looped the cable through the sway bar and put a bolt through the frame and attached the cable to the bolt.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i was thinkin inside the coils, i could weld a u bolt on top and bottom of coil sping buckets but im tryin to think of how to hook the strap,

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wouldn't put anything inside the coils, but that's me.
You could weld a u bolt next to them, or just wrap the cable around the axle tubeing and run it to the fram.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts