460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QF 1250 just removed from car last week. No issues, decided to go EFI. Set up for BBF and N20.

$800

QF 1050 was purchased new in August 2011. Only has idle time at most. Carb was placed in plastic bag but left outside in vehicle so the finish has tarnished a little. I've already polished it back out a little.

$600

Let me know
Greg
270-219-9964

·
Registered
545 Posts
Buyer Beware

I bought the 1050 Quick Fuel Carb and was shown some pitting on the outside in pictures and was told it ran last year. I received it on 6/19 and sent an email that it looked good. well I never opened it up. Went to put it on the car yesterday and decided to check the jet sizes and it is corroded and full of white powder and pitted bowls.
Well this guy is listing it for his brother and finally got an email after quite a few attempts and was told I said it was good on the 6/19 and his funds are depleted and there was no warranty given but I can send it to Quick Fuel and they can clean it. They probably can but the bowls are all pitted and now whats the inside of the main body like?
This is the 1st time I have ever been BONED in my entire life that when I received something its not what I expected and couldn't return it. I should have probably asked if I can return it if nots what I wanted but I didn't.

I have learned 2 things from this: Don't buy a used carb its like buying used underwear you never know what went on inside of them till you open them up! And some people are just NFG!

Tore

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Sorry to hear this Tore,they are a real bitch to clean after they start corroding, The seller should have inspected before selling.
I will remember this seller for sure,you should get a full refund for sure.:mad:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1050 carb

First off since I posted this ad, I assume some responsibility for this as well.
Tore, when you called me to tell me what happened, I told you that you purchased and dealt with my brother entirely on this deal. You sent him the money and he sent you a carb. I do apologize that the Carb was not what he says it was. The only reason I posted the parts for him is because I took all the parts to a swap meet earlier this year.
This is my account not my brothers.......if you want to bash me, that's fine. I do not day to day screwing people out of their hard earned cash, JUST NOT MY STYLE !!!!!!!!!

My brother and I had words over this issue as well because I totally disagree with his decision, if the Carb is jacked up then he should refund you not doubt about it..........

Again I apologize, lesson learned for me LET PEOPLE POST THEIR OWN **** REGARDLESS OF WHO THEY ARE....

GREG JOHNSON

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey, Taurus 146:
Didn't I buy a Moroso Fox body swap pan from you a few years back? The one with a "pin hole leak" in it, that turned out to be most of one side of the pan ripped out from thrown rods! You denied it then, and you'll most likely deny it now, but I just realized by maintaining my silence to not publicly badmouth you - I've done a great disservice to my fellow big block Ford buddies for which I sincerely apologize.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

·
Registered
545 Posts
I fully understand what your saying as listing for your brother, but I don't know if your in Kahoots with your brother and no one else does either.

I see in your post you had words with your brother over it, I hope it was telling him he was an ASSHOLE for what he did and not: We Screwed this guy good LOL!

Lets face it your brother is a Piece of ****, sorry you had to get involved. I don't do business that way either.

Its unfortunate that I said yes I looked at it and its ok when I got it out of the box never thinking the inside was bad. But I never had a reason to believe it wouldn't be good. But your brother's email said no warranty was implied after I contacted him about the problem, so he must have known it was bad to begin with and knew he was selling ****.

If I had a brother like that I would tell him to FO and stay away, who needs to be around people with ****TY morals like that.

Greg you and I are good!

But I bet this puts a cloud of concern over you selling things.

Tore

1 - 20 of 59 Posts