460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys carry Insurance on your Race Cars and/or Enclosed Trailers? I read an article in the NMRA Race Pages last year regarding Race Car Insurance and I’ve been putting it off until now. A friend just lost his race car AND enclosed trailer. It got me thinking that I need to check into this insurance coverage.

In summary, the race car is covered in storage, to and from the race track, in the pits but NOT if it’s in the staging lanes or on the race track. Say someone steals your trailer and car, your covered. Your in an accident while towing somewhere, it’s covered. You get the point.

So who has insurance, who’s it with and how much coverage? I’m getting a quote from www.heacockclassic.com

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
177 Posts
bruno said:
i have insurance on my car and trailer from statefarm --- 75 per year on the trailer and 600 per year on the car ---- got the car appraised and its just covered from theft ---thats it
State Farm here too.Car is covered while towing with MY truck.At the track I'm on my own.

·
Registered
480 Posts
insurance

Damon,

I got a quote from Heacock also, knid of. I sent a CD with pics and a detailed list of the car and parts. Basically, thye charge $1 per $100 based on teh value of the car. I was sending $300 for $30,000 worth of coverage. They told me the car was covered for anything except the staging lanes or on the track surface. It was explained this was theft, fire, accident, weather, etc. I thought it was a great idea and still plan to do it.

My problem, they will not cover the car in the trailer unless it is all in a locked structure. I do not own a shop. My car stays in the trailer in the yard. I installed a security system (Pro Tec One) and have it locked 3 ways, two on the tongue and a chain on a large pine tree. They would not cover it in this capacity. They told me if I put the car in a self storage building they would cover it. That was going to cost twice as much as the insurance. I have since been trying to arrange to park the trailer and car in a buddies shop but have not been successful yet. I'm kind of stuck for the time being, short of lying my A&* off, which is not my nature.

In my opinion, I cannot afford to NOT insure my racing operation and will try my best to meet the needs of the insurance company and get my car insured. If I had a shop it would already be done.

Good luck
Kerry

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kerry,

Good information, I forgot to list that in my first post. I e-mailed pictures of my car, shop and trailer along with the car information. I keep my car stored in the shop and the only time it's in the trailer is before or after a race so therefore it would be covered. I forgot to tell him that it's also protected by Smith & Wesson :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Good idea. All I can say is I have Parrish-Heathcock on both my cars. One is fully insured and my Mustang has the race car coverage... for towing, pit damage while parked and theft, yada, yada,yada, like you said. Good company .... but I have have not needed to file a claim. So when that time comes (which I hope never) I'll find out then. Been dealing with them for several years now. Premium for the Mustang is alot cheaper with them than with my normal carrier ( for comp) along with better perks. Don't have that info readily handy. Go for it!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That is the benefit of having an older car. I have collector car insurance on all my cars but one (so my girls can drive it). The 56 and 64 Falcon are about $600/year for full coverage (except racing of course) at an agreed value. I have it with my allstate policy but it is through Hagerty. I have never made a claim but have heard positive things about most of the larger companies.

·
Registered
258 Posts
What about the chassis cars that have no title etc....?

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts