460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought any 110 racing fuel? What is the price/drum or a gallon? With the cost of gasoline at 3.80+, i can imagine what race fuel will be! :x :roll:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Race gas took a 80 cent increase around here, I paid 426.00 for a drum of Sunoco 114hcr, not bad considering it will last me a full season.

Even methanol is high right now, I hear 4.00 a gallon. I still have 2 drums we paid 103.00 for two summers ago.

What hurts more is diesel getting the damn thing to the track, gets much worse I may have to drive the 69 to work..........

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
You wanna sell those 2 drums of methanol? :D I'll give you money back ,since they are 2 years old now..............

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I know what your talking about on the diesel prices too. I let the insurance run out on my dually and I'm not going to put any on it until I need to use it again. This is way out of control now!!

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
we'll get our alky car back together this year, gonna need it lol.

Its good and sealed and in a climate controlled shop........... :wink:

Only good thing with the truck being my daily driver is I only drive 10 miles a day, tracks are both 45 min. from the house. Still gonna hurt..........

Been considering burning waste atf in the truck for my daily activities, I have an abundant supply and I hear from the Ford tech forums it can be done with no side effects. Stick it to the man............ :twisted:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Wanna watch the ATF Jon... The DOT is citing guys up here already for running it because they're not paying a fuel tax on it... :x :x :x

I even heard that some guy in Colorado (I think) got arrested for running used cooking oil after being cited for it... Because he wasn't paying a fuel tax.... :x :x :x

They got ya watchin' over your shoulder no matter what ya do anymore...

Be C 8) 8) L,

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Fuel

I have ten acres so I'm in Farm use sat. I have a 87 Mercedes 300SDL and i go to the farm use pump with 4 five gallon jugs and put off road diesel in them and come home and put in 300SDL. It's .50 cent a gollon cheaper, and the chances of being check for off road diesel are very slim. Been doing it for months. :lol: --Fastfrog

·
Registered
790 Posts
Jon,
Be careful useing ATF. Most off road diesel is dyed red, and when you mix in red ATF with regular diesel the fuel fuzz won't know the difference and you'll be busted for running off road, with a pretty big fine.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Tell them what it is and have it tested, they can't bust you for using an alternative fuel in the vehicle. Sorry about the H/J here F150. I asked about 112 Sunoco race a month ago and it was about $5/gal, if I remember correctly. That is a 55 gal drum @ $300.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Re: ???

F-150 said:
Noone has answered my question!!?? :shock:
Sorry dude.... :wink: :wink:

I bought 15 gals. of 110 Sonoco a few weeks ago, and it was $6.45/gal... Haven't called the guy yet to see if it's gone up & how much... I'll do that tomorrow, got me curious... Or is it scared???

Be C 8) 8) L,

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just bought 5 gallon's of Torco 110 yesterday and paid 6.00 a gallon. The 112 is 6.20 a gallon. The price of the gas went up and so did the steel for the drum's. That's what the owner told me.

·
Registered
928 Posts
schmitty said:
Tell them what it is and have it tested, they can't bust you for using an alternative fuel in the vehicle.
Actually yes they can bust you for using alternative fuel and you can test it until you know what freezes, ATF has a red dye in it and so does offroad deisel and that is all they have to know to bust you for fuel tax evasion. Here in Iowa it's $1000 first offense $10,000 second offense and goes up from there. If you are running it on the road federal law states you MUST pay tax on whatever you run in it to get it to go down the road, and ATF is the fastest way to get busted I know of. Technically even the Bio that I run I am supposed to pay both federal and state hiway taxes on it, but with bio it's a lot harder to prove it's not commercial so they don't push it but they do occasionally run road blocks and do samples from every single diesel powered vehicle that goes through, if your sample appears to have ANY red in it, count on that $1000 fine and it's your responsibility to PROVE that you paid ALL applicale taxes on the fuel in question, they don't have to prove that it's dyed fuel. Remember your not dealing with the normal courts your dealing with the IRS.

With all that said I have seen all of those threads about running used oil and I can tell you from personal experience not in my truck EVER. over a $1000 for a set of injectors that you are going to tear out, remember it's used OIL that means it has metal and other particals in it, and if you run used engine oil it also has corrosives in it too (ATF doesn't which is why some guys THINK it's ok but IMHO that is the stupidest and worst economic desicion you will ever make in the long run, these engines cost way to much, would you pour sand down the carb of your race engine? they why try and burn it in your tow rig?)

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Good info here on how to run the alternative fuels and pay the taxes on the fuel.
http://www.revenue.ne.gov/fuels/statutes/alt_fuel_tax.htm
I won't comment on what this stuff will do to an engine. We all need to do the research on our own on how to make sure we do no harm to the motor. I personally wouldn't use it in my motor, but there are ways to filter it and make it viable.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Fuel

In my state i have NEVER seen a fuel check done on a passenger car. They done do any road blocks for that here. They might check tractor trailer truck but never a pickup truck or pass car exspecial a Mercedes. I saved almost 60 cents a gallon.I live in a small rual area where most of towns with in a 30 mile area are very small. So I will take advange of my farm statics. When the oil companys said about three months ago that they made 67 Billon dollar profit, thats bull ****. Now thats when government needs to do something about it because all us little people are getting screwed over. I understand a profit but we are mostly where we can't do NOYHING but bend over and say THANK YOU SIR CAN I HAVE ANOTHER( WACK IN THE ***).I be glad when Merecdes brings the SMART CAR in its diesel form here as it gets 70 mpg in Europe and America model would get 64.. These small countries are starting to bring USA down on it's knees. Jobs to China, Mexico, plants closing. The worst part is two years ago with to visit MT.Rushmore. The gift shop is very big and just about evry thing i pickup said made in CHINA.-- Now back to oil. Our own copanys are screwing us. May God have mercy on our souls.--piss off Fastfrog :twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Fastfrog you definately do not want any intervention by the you know what. If you want a piece of that pie just invest in the oil companies and collect a stock dividend. Big brother has no place messing around in free commerce, sorry you are feeling pinch from the fuel. I lived a very frugal lifestyle for the last 8 years because of cheap farm commodity prices and I personally am not feeling any guilt right now with all time highs in the grain markets. This is also why I do not feel any animosity towards the oil companies for making a profit as they have struggled also and will need those profits to weather the next downturn.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Fastfrog I understand what your saying, I truly do but you want the federal government to step on big oil for making $67billion in profit (forget that fact that it is half the percentage that say summit racing makes in profit, or a quarter the percentage that your insurance company makes) do you understand that the entity that makes the biggest profit off of gas and oil is NOT the oil company? it's the federal government, example gallon of diesel fuel has a 30cent profit for the oil company total, the combined federal and state governments make over 80 cents on that same gallon of fuel, thats right almost triple what big oil makes and if you extrapelate that out that means that yes exxon/mobile made $67billion, but the federal government made approx $110billion and the states another $70billion, and you want the feds to step in and take more? at least the oil companies provide something to the economy, the government not so much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts