460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK here is the deal, as you all know I am 100% Ford. Even when I was working at GM dealerships I drove Ford trucks and I still stayed true to Ford. Some of you may know that I am in an APBA National points battle for US1 in Comp Jet. On April 17th the unthinkable happened and my boat with my 429 was destroyed in a non-racing accident. The boat is sitting at a yard with an incredibly high bill. Which makes it almost impossible for me in this economy to retake possession. A friend of mine told me I could use his boat for the rest of the season as long as he gets to run one race. Per my suspension last year, I can't run one particular race, so that works out well for my friend. I have a 466 that I was building, but ran out of funds to complete it. Now the PS89 crew said they have enough (cough cough cough) parts to put a competitive BBC together for me to use. I have fought this for over a month now and it is getting to a point where I have to make the ultimate decision. I have worked for over five years to get this opportunity to obtain US1 in Comp Jet. This is very tough and I need your guys input on what you would do. I do plan on finishing the season with the BBF that I have been working on to replace the 429. But again it takes money and with the economy the way things are, the green stuff is very scarce. I'm not asking anyone for anything, only for your thoughts and opinions. I am very torn over this choice I have to make. I have been the lone Ford in Comp Jet the entire season. I talked to my buddy Ralph Brunt, he said he would give me a lot of **** but he would do the same thing if he were in my place.

Please be nice, don't call me too many names, as I have not jumped ship yet. And if I do, it would only be temporary.

Thank you
Jim

This is a briefing to the Racers for the Burley 2009 Circle Race on June 26th, 27th, and 28th on the Snake River in Burley, Idaho.

Event Website: http://idahoregatta.com/

Sanction: The sanction is on its way to the APBA and should be available in about 2 weeks

Lodging: There is camping on site - See the event website for more information. Also the Fairfeild Inn has been the host for the CompJet Class in past years.

Tow Money: $500 tow money is being offered per boat to the CompJet class.

Fuel: Callen Petroleum Products will be bringing pre-ordered fuel to the race site. Special offers are being made for the CompJet Class. Contact Kyle @ 760-455-8588

Registration: $200 per boat + a $20 APBA Promo Fee. More info regarding this will be available on the sanction when it becomes available.

This has been taken directly off the Comp Jet Website.
www.compjetracing.com

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I now what you are talking about with the economy, I am also a true Ford man and never had a chevy, but if you cant aford to finish yours our get your old one back I think you should take them up on the offer just until you can finish yours

·
Registered
512 Posts
Do it! Brand loyalty means less to me a little more everyday. You need to go do what you love to do and race! We all know you love your Fords and you will be back. I have a Chevy buddy that loves Chevy II's, as do I. I told him one day that I had a Chevy II, I would put a BBF in it. He said it didn't bother him in the least as long as I was racing it and having fun and THAT'S what it's all about.

Go run the BBC boat like you stole it! Just don't get to liking it too much and come back to the BBF!

·
Registered
52 Posts
If your running for the number 1 spot in your divison, do what you have to do.
Winning a championship isnt something everyone attains.
The Blue Oval got you this far, and everyone in your class knows it would have taken you all the way. **** happens.
Go race for the title.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Get you a** racing

So go get that US-1 number locked down. Next year will be the time to have the BBF in the hull. That way the US-1 will have a Ford . That is when every one will notice the boat. Tres...

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
I would go racin' with the Chevy, painted FORD blue with plain valve covers on it.

And, believe me, if you put a cam belt drive on it and also mount a forward facing distributor, ALMOST no one will even pick-up on it.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Ford isnt payin the bill to get your other boat back in the water are they?
getting out there is A LOT more fun than being on the sidelines, regardless of your sport of choice. And as one of my friends says "All REAL sports have motors!"

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
It sounds pretty unanimous!! Nobody called you any names either!!

Racers understand that sometimes we can't do exactly what we want in our race vehicles. I have known several people that had to paint their cars a color they didn't like because of a sponsor.

I agree with everyone else.

The Ford blue paint comment is great!!:D:D

Bill

·
Registered
823 Posts
My boat has a Chevy. Not racing or anything, just a die hard Ford man who got stuck with a Chevy powered boat. Doesn't stop me from gettin' out on the water and having a good time. Oh wait, it does since the Chevy went bang...

Get out and have some fun, better to race a Chevy than not race at all.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the support guys, it does mean alot and if things get better I will have the BBF in before the '09 season is over. I don't know how many of you watched Bull Run, but Paul of Team Dart is the one letting me use his boat.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yep , I have to agree with the rest of the guys....Right now its personal....for the US1 and your Name.. And its still american made...(for the most part) LOL.. Your either a Racer or your not... Sounds like to me you are...Take the Boat and run the hell out of it! Then as mentioned you can put Ford back in the #1 spot after all is said and done !!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts