460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to buy 10 gallon's of 110 only to find out gas went up almost 70 cent's a gallon. That stink's!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
don't feel bad , alcohol went up $100 a drum.............They're trying their best to make sure the working man can't do anything but WORK!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I got word the military bought a bunch of methanol to use for transporting explosives. I don't fully understand how they were using it , but supposedly to keep the moisture out of their explosives.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
last year it cost me over $800 a drum for C16 up here and this year with a possible ban coming into effect by the end of the year I plan on buying 10 drums and I imagine the price is up also !
Frank

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Makes me wonder how fast a 598 pump gas motor might be? Also makes me wonder if my brain can take parking everything. Everything is going up except my paycheck :?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Dang hate to hear that about methonal I use it to make Biodiesel and will be needing another drum in short order.

Also making me rethink using Hi comp engines might have to consider just how much I could do with a pump gas 572.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I heard that when you buy a 55 gallonn drum of nitro you only get 40 gallon's due to homeland security or something like that.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Frank,

You need to get an F800 flat bed, mount a couple of 100 gallon side mount semi truck fuel gas tanks, plus as many in-frame gas tanks as you can fit and take a drive to the states to pick up whatever. Just have one tank to drive with and fill up the rest with race gas. When you cross the border back to Canada, all you have is a bunch of tanks to go long distance. LOL. It will probably be cheaper in the long run to do that than pay the prices you are!!!

Dave

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
People just don't get it. A guy at work read this and said "its about time we go after those greedy big oil companies". The house of Reps passed an 18 billion dollar tax increase for big oil. Do you think big oil will eat the cost or pass it on to us?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333228,00.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts