460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall a pretty decent day both trucks drove on the trailer at the end of it all! After all the testing on Kasey's (the wife) truck it learned a new trick that I didn't like! It was running the bowl dry on the carb at about half track:mad: (you will see in the video) My truck ran pretty good but was scary lean again something that didn't show up in all the test passes! I raced back to back to back it came down to me racing for 1st and the truck was hot and didn't want to start so I had to forfeit and take 2nd to a truck I new I could beat:mad: My sister go put in charge of the video camera and didn't tape half of the races but here are a few!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ESHgXJZycg

Derrick

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
WOW Derrick !!

You look like you were shot out of a cannon!! After you got a little air I was waiting for the natural "hit the hole and loose speed" but you stayed high andd just kept going faster and faster!! Way fast!!

Wifes truck did really good till it "runed up outa gassss" bet that will be fixe shortly!!:D

Great passes, your truck is stupid fast!!:D

Thanks for posting!!

Jeffro

· Registered
757 Posts
Good job Derrick!! Im glad you put it on that orange chebby!! He says it pulls good vac but i dont know how!! He was in my class at Hiawatha KS with alot of speculation!!

_Greg

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeff & Greg!!! Still trying to get both trucks dialed in I'm sure we will get it figured out before to long. Yes Greg I'm glad I beat that orange Chebby too we have had our run ins with them guys in the past and they don't like to get beat. As for pulling vacuum the only way that truck could ever pull enough would be with a pump. I can't believe they let them run a vacuum class.

Derrick

· Registered
631 Posts
Yea Derrick that sucks about ur wife's truck. Too bad that guy had to get first like he did. By the way thanks for putting me in touch with chris at comp cams he gave me what i wanted pulling 18inches of vac and still making pretty good power it seems,

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea Derrick that sucks about ur wife's truck. Too bad that guy had to get first like he did. By the way thanks for putting me in touch with chris at comp cams he gave me what i wanted pulling 18inches of vac and still making pretty good power it seems,

Yeah played with her truck some more today and I think it may be sucking the fuel line shut :confused:.... No problem about the cam I have always had really good luck his stuff!

Derrick

· Registered
2,387 Posts
I had that same fuel problem last year! Checked the filters and lines thinking the same thing. Come to find out that the screens on the inlet of the pump iteself had trash it them that at low demand it would supply fuel all day, but as soon as the demand picked up it would close off and restrict the amount of fuel the pump supplied. Just something to check....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.