460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nearly brand new 5 gal radiator for a big block come out of a 78 F-150. Was $400 Brand new and wasn't used on the truck but a month or 2. $300 + Shipping and its yours.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes im pretty sure it is 5 gallons i think that was what i was told It is about 3 or 4 in. thick and about 20 to 25 in. from top to bottom.

·
Registered
962 Posts
rad

Perhaps you mean 5 core ??

Suggestion: You would stand a better chance of selling the radiator if you gave the exact diminsions. Does it have fittings for an automatic transmisssion? Is it all aluminum? or is it brass? Just a suggestion

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys its a little hard to work with because it is not out of the truck jsut yet but the core is 26 x 24 with and overall of 28 x 28 it is a steel radiator for an automatic. the guy that the truck was bought from said that it held 5 gallons of antifreeze.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
mattke said:
Sorry guys its a little hard to work with because it is not out of the truck jsut yet but the core is 26 x 24 with and overall of 28 x 28 it is a steel radiator for an automatic. the guy that the truck was bought from said that it held 5 gallons of antifreeze.

first of all they made no Steel Radiators for the heat transfer would not be any good, and for the 5 gallons no way, the whole cooling system should hold about 3.5 to 4.5 gallons, engine and all.

Randy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im just going by what the guy told me he said he just put it in like a month before he quit driving it and it held 5 gallons and i also know that the outside is a black steel so maybe the inside is brass im really not sure i cant see enough inside to make anything out.

·
Registered
407 Posts
radiator

How about a little help bro? The rad is brass, it is in like new condition. I would say that it is the largest one o.e. you can buy. Some of you mud truck guys should be all over this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks brother i needed that but yeah i believe your right about the whole system holding 5 gal. Like i said he told me it held that and that he couldn't believe it. But then again who knows. So any takers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts