460 Ford Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yo dude, block an pistons look awesome. Where did you get pistons? I am looking for a better set to use with my pro comp heads. As for an opinion on powerglides, they are a good trans but are expensive depending on mods u do or need done. Been debating on doin one myself, but gonna wait until i grenade a few c6s before I switch to a powerglide.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey there,
The brand of pistons is Diamond. I bought all my parts through my builder so I'm thinking he got them direct as my heads are down to 67cc chambers.
Either way I need to build a trans so the investment will be the same for me, i will probably spend the extra dollars up front for an aftermarket case and such on the glide.
How much power are you putting down? The C6 is a pretty tough piece,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yo ragin85, am not making huge power yet. Have had trouble with my c6 for quite awhile. Never really seem to hold 3rd gear. Would shift back an forth. Had 2 trans shops give there opinion on what problem was but no definite answer. Swapped trans out for a t-18 meanwhile until problem was found. After c6 was sitting for few months, truck smoked a axle bearing in the 9inch rear. Yanked axle and took to a local rear end builder for new bearing an after new bearing was installed, chatted with the owner about my truck since he wrenches on trucks more than I ever will. He said the trans trouble is more than likely a modulater an valve body issue. He was rite. Now when the clutch crapps out on my t-18, gonna swap the c6 back in and hammer down. Just hope the case holds up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Still waiting for the power plant to hit the dyno, looks like its close. In the meantime I've got my Glide and bell housing, built my spring sliders, purchased the competition engineering floater kit, moved the front axle 8" forward and put the new 4" BDS coils in. Today I got my hands on some 32" MT slicks that I might get scoops put on-how do they compare to 39" boggers for diameter once the scoops are on?
considering its been ready for the dyno since April it's getting kinda ridiculous, but what can you do! This is taking sooo much longer then I thought it would
oh yeah, I picked up a mint 1997 reg cab step side ranger body that is going to look sweet too.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Housing floater is on spring slider is temporarily mounted. Before I mount it for good I am wondering how much distance you guys are leaving for compression. Right now I have it set for 6 inches from axle tube to bump stop, is that enough?
I want to center the spring eye in my slider before I weld my mount on.

It's mono leaf with coil overs and ladder bars. I'm trying not to purchase shocks and springs until final weigh in. Is that even feasible?

Thanks gang.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
598" Motorsport A Head

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Finally got the engine done and dyno'd

Pretty happy! just off at just under 600CI

I think it has a pretty wide power band and should make for an interesting ride.

when I get the engine build sheet I can post more info

I have a video in mp4 but it wont upload-any hints?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
On your slider mount pic, I have mine mounted the same way, but also added 2 brace tubes from the outside edge to the top of the piece of angle to ensure it doesn't try to flex up. May have never needed it, but felt safer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
for sure-I will be putting gussets there as well as boxing and fish plating where where my ladder bar and radius arms attach at the frame.

I don't need any funny business!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Got me some nice ladder bars thanks to Myron.
S & W Roll Cage with a few extra gussets put in.
My dad did the cage install and tied the rear ladder bars and front radius arms together pretty nicely.
I've got 90% of the parts here I think, throttle pedal with cable and a brake system are probably all that's left to collect....I think hahaha!!!

Just need to find some time to finish this thing.

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Finally found some time hehehe!!!
We tested it out today, paced off 200 feet and had a pretty good time but nothing official.
Seems to handle pretty good, takes off on the brake like a rocket too on the clay, once we got the starting line chewed up it hooked even harder!
There are a few locals that really helped get this done--THANK YOU GUYS!!

https://youtu.be/Qq4cdsepkd0

https://youtu.be/yf2bEB8SeBM

https://youtu.be/tl2XnVuKLAU

41 - 57 of 57 Posts