·
Registered
3,195 Posts
8) 8) 8) Very nice 8) 8) 8)

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
got anymore pics? That would really be good for me in this hot Texas weather.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here is one I made. Not nearly as pretty as the other one. There is a perfect spot for an opening on each side of the radiator.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is just enough room to go through the core support on each side of of the rad. I cut the stock air cleaner housing into and added 2" to the height of it and welded 2 4" exhaust 45s in, the rubber connection is from lowes plumbing dpt. At the back of the cleaner it hit the pinch weld on the top of the fire wall
I recessed a place out in the air cleaner housing to clear it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks 79-6.9 that is 4 years of searching, building, sanding, painting, cussing, spending, welding, but only have about 2 more years to go and I will be done with her. :lol: I have a ? about your cam do you have enough vac. for power brakes I am getting that same cam for my truck and how do you like it .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cut 2 new 4" holes on each side of the rad. toward the bottom of the core support it still leaves room for my a.c. lines.

S

·
0 Posts
Ya need to lower it or add some sort of a spoiler below the bumper..

Can you guess why?

Later!

Damn.. someone step on the gas and throw a shop towel on the grill.. Eh no more clues!

·
Registered
722 Posts
kenneth said:
thanks 79-6.9 that is 4 years of searching, building, sanding, painting, cussing, spending, welding, but only have about 2 more years to go and I will be done with her. :lol: I have a ? about your cam do you have enough vac. for power brakes I am getting that same cam for my truck and how do you like it .
The cam is awesome, you will love it and I have plenty of vac for the brakes. If I wouldn't have pulled the engine thursday night I would put a gauge on it and tell you how much it pulled. This has become a popular choice so maybe someone will chime in with some vac #'s. What moe could you possibly do to that truck? Besides sell it tooo me :p I truly know how much work you have into that thing. Have a peek. http://www.460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=19799

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
InfoFord said:
very good looking truck

looks like you have some cooling issues prolly help alot to put the 460 radiator in the truck also know as the supercooler for the small block trucks
thanks no colling issues 2 elect. fans 1 on ac switch the outher on a thermostat switch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
79-6.9 said:
kenneth said:
The cam is awesome, you will love it and I have plenty of vac for the brakes. If I wouldn't have pulled the engine thursday night I would put a gauge on it and tell you how much it pulled. This has become a popular choice so maybe someone will chime in with some vac #'s. What moe could you possibly do to that truck? Besides sell it tooo me :p I truly know how much work you have into that thing. Have a peek. http://www.460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=19799
I still have to finish the seats , sound system , linex bedliner ,may build some custom door panels , and extra rims and drag radials

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tornado said:
Wow, nice truck. Where did you get the serpentine belt setup?
a friend gave me a efi 460 he sank in a mud hole after he replaced his with a junk yard replacement motor and i pulled them off that motor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts