460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I finally got the water to stop mixing with the oil in my engine, I took the car to the dragstrip last night (6-2-06).

My combo:
.030" 460
10.5 to 1 SRP Forged pistons
Old style aluminum cobra jet heads with the short turns cleaned up
solid roller 232* 240* @ .050" and ~.599" lift
Weind Stealth intake
750 Speed Demon
Full Manual C6
3500 stall

Front suspension is tubular with adjustable coilovers
Rear suspension is 100% stock...7.5" axle, 2.73's, open diff, 205/60/15 radial tires

My best run of the night was 12.52 @ 117 mph & a 2.15 60'.

Compared to the last time I went (over a year ago), I gained 3 mph but dropped .1 seconds. The only difference is I now have a 3500 stall compared to a 2800 stall.

I just thought I'd share.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
610 Posts
Is that a missprint on the tire size? 205's on a bigblock car running 12's, now that takes balls :!: Got any vidio? :D

T

·
0 Posts
Pretty impressive but I have to ask this. Are you worried about that 7.5" rear?? They were marginal at best with the 302's. Just wondering. :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
TopSportsman916 said:
Pretty impressive but I have to ask this. Are you worried about that 7.5" rear?? They were marginal at best with the 302's. Just wondering. :D
Breaking parts is the best excuse to upgrade... :lol:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, I never got an email saying my thread had responses...?

Filucky:
No, that's not a misprint on the tire size :shock: . That's what the car came with when I bought it.

Video link to the first time I took it to the track. This last time, I ran a little slower et, but a higher mph. I also have a bumper on it now :).

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=7326A856-D09A-4364-9F36-708C826A191B

BBSteve:
Ya, I really need a posi or locker !

TopSportsman916:
That's a big part of the reason I haven't bought larger tires or adjustable cotrol arms. As soon as I get traction, I know the rear end is a goner'!

I have ads up on numerous sites looking for a built rear end. If I don't find anything soon, I bought a 3.27 posi out of a Mark VII that's I'll install.

In a weird sort of way, I like the small tires. Ya, traction stinks, but it surprises the heck out of people to see me run my times/mph.

I'm just chuggin' along with this build...it's to a point where it needs $$$ though. I have enough to go play on the weekends, but I don't have enough to buy a new, built axle from Strange, Moser, etc.

Have a good day!
Michael

Edit: I forgot the video link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts