460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for opinions on that cheap spray wash cabinet made by Ranger. I got rid of my old hot tank years ago because of environmental concerns, and hooked up with a shop that has an oven for my heavy degreasing work, but it sucks doing all the light stuff with a hose and bucket. I figure I could keep a "clean" spray cabinet for all the freshens and washing prior to assembly, and my drain water issues could be kept to a minimum. Anyone who has an opinion, good or bad, I would like to hear from. Buying "cheap" equip. goes against everything I think is right, but, for a thankless job like washing, if the spray cabinet is at least serviceable for light duty work, for $2400 you really cant go wrong. By the way, I'm not sure if Ranger is the manufacturer, or just a house brand, but I've seen the exact same machine with at least 3 different brand names. Thanks,John

T

·
0 Posts
Talk to FordTek1 (Rick Kelso) he has a washing cabinet like you are talking about.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Johnny, I have that parts washer and yes it works very well. I understand about buying the cheap stuff but I have been impressed with this washer. If I was gonna use it 8-10 hrs a day, 6-7 days a week, then I would have bought a more expensive model, but for moderate use, it'll work just fine. Kinda like comparing a craftman screwdriver to a snap-on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts